Sunday, September 21, 2014

Book Blogger Hop (Sep 19 - 25)

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted at Ramblings Of A Coffee Addicted Writer and this week's question is: 

How important is a book's cover to your overall impression of it? 

My Answer: 
Going into the book blindly, the cover is pretty important. Book covers usually draw me in and make me want to read the blurb and possibly even read the book. Titles can be the same in a way. Certain key words always draw me in.
I'll admit that I am becoming less interested in covers lately. They all seem to be the same with a person on it in a flowing dress without a face and maybe a little smoke wafting around them. That does nothing for the imagination. The book is about a... girl who smokes? No thanks. I usually pass those up.
I'm extremely drawn to books with original art or illustrations, though, and will even dive right into a book if I recognize the artist. A few artists who have led me to read a book just because of the cover art: Charles Vess, Abigail Larson, Kinuko Y. Craft

1 comment:

  1. I am a cover nut. A cover draws me in, and then I check out the inside. :) Hopefully the content is as good as the cover. :)

    Glad to see you joined in the Blog Hop Fun...I hope you stop by each week and tell your friends.

    Don't forget to add your link to the linky list on Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer's page.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete