Monday, January 7, 2019

2019 Beat the Backlist Challenge


Beat the Backlist is a year-long challenge hosted by Novel Knight.


The Rules

The book can be in any format but must have been published before 2019. Re-reads count. You don't even have to own the books (but personally I'll only be counting books from my shelves to help me get through them)! You must also both start and finish the books throughout 2019. 

Official hashtags:
#beatthebacklist  #beatthebacklist2019

Want to learn more or join in?
You can sign up here



My Goals

I joined in on this challenge last year and read over 40 books from my shelves even though I didn't quite keep up with blogging. 

I'm giving myself a goal of another 40 books from my shelves and have made a quick list of 55 books that I would like to get to this year on ListChallenges (if you would like to see the book covers AND mark off the books you've already read from my list!)

You can check out my ListChallenges list HERE.


Reading Progress


January
Chomp by Carl Hiassen
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

February
Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
March
Pet Sematary by Stephen King

April
Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawles
Animal Farm by George Orwell
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah

MayWild by Cheryl Strayed
And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
Flush by Carl Hiassen

JuneThe Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo
Hoot by Carl Hiassen
Nim's Island by Wendy Orr

JulyPeter Pan by J.M. Barrie

AugustBeauty and the Beast by Kathleen Rizzi
Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren
On Writing by Stephen King

September

Pippi Goes On Board by Astrid Lindgren
The Never Girls: In A Blink by Kiki Thorpe
The Never Girls: The Space Between by Kiki Thorpe

Are you participating in the Beat the Backlist challenge? Planning on reading more books from your shelves this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment