Monday, May 31, 2021

May 2021 Reading Wrap Up & Challenge Progress

Goodbye May! 

Hello readers! 

The charging port on my old laptop finally gave out and I replaced it but I haven't had as much time to write and I realized I'm going to need to work on my time management just to catch up to get back on track. Blogging is so time-consuming!

I mostly focused on my reading this month, after the hustle and hubbub of Mother's Day, of course, which consisted of a lovely off-grid camping trip! We also had a lovely day out on the boat and a few hikes though it's starting to get tooo hot!

I need to figure out the best way to upload pics but my garden is doing as well as it can in the drought and heat. I've had an excess of tomatoes this week and harvested a nice bag full of black beans and brussel sprouts. We also have fresh cukes and peppers right now! 

BOOKS I READ IN MAY






Books I Started But Haven't Finished / Won't Finish





Read / Listened to with my daughter








Challenge Progress

ABC CHALLENGE
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Apr: 15/26  (+3) O, W, Y

May: none

POPSUGAR READING CHALLENGE

April: +4

May: 

4. A book by an author that shares your zodiac sign
The Colorado Kid by Stephen King
35. A book in a different format than you normally read - 
audiobook - Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker
36. A book that has fewer than 1000 reviews on Amazon & Goodreads
T. Minus: The Race to the Moon by Jim Ottaviani


52 BOOKS CHALLENGE

April: +7   (4, 13, 15, 21, 24, 28, 31)

May: 

18. Author with a 9-letter last name
Jim Ottaviani (T. Minus)


NEW TO ME AUTHORS

April: +6

May:

Wendy Walker
Harlan Coben (DNF)
Kate Summerscale



READ AROUND THE WORLD
(My attempt at tracking settings)


[Listen, Slowly]
Los Angeles, CA
Vietnam

[The Desolations of Devil's Acre]
Florida

[The Colorado Kid]
Maine

[Wendy in the Night]
Maine

[T. Minus: Race to the Moon]
The United States

[The Haunting of Alma Fielding]
The UK


1001 Children's Books to Read Before You Grow Up list

April: 179/1001

May: 180/1001
Ramona the Pest

______________________

What was your favorite read of the month?


Keep up with what we're reading at
@LazyDayLit & @LazyDayKidLit



Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment