Friday, November 26, 2021

George Orwell's 1984: The Graphic Novel by Fido Nesti (Adult Graphic Novel Review)


1984
The Graphic Novel
Adapted by Fido Nesti
Published by Mariner Books
on September 14, 2021
Genre: Adult, Dystopian, Graphic Novel
Length: 224 pages

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | BookDepository

Synopsis:
One of the most influential books of the twentieth century gets the graphic treatment in this first-ever adaptation of George Orwell's 
1984


With evocative, immersive art from Fido Nesti, this vision of George Orwell's dystopian masterpiece provides a new perspective for longtime fans but is also an accessible entry point for young readers and adults who have yet to discover this iconic story that is still so relevant today. 


My Thoughts:

Winston Smith finds a way to live a hidden life in the totalitarian state of Oceania, always fearing that Big Brother and the Thought Police will find him out at any moment. 

1984 is one of those classics that is touted as a must-read for its important message. I read it a few years ago and thought it was a slog to get through despite its importance. I was happy to finally finish it and put it out of my mind after that.

Fast forward to me attempting to read as many graphic novels as possible and of course, I grab this one in hopes that it would be quick and painless. 
This book is big and thick. It's actually quite massive for a graphic novel and I feel like it follows the original so well that it's nearly a slog to get through on its own. Thank goodness for pictures, right? It only took me a few days instead of a month this time around, at least. 

I might not have the loveliest things to say about it but I definitely recommend this graphic novel adaptation if you enjoyed 1984 or would like to read it without torturing yourself with the dry prose of the original. 



Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment