Friday, January 5, 2024

Devour Your TBR 2024 Reading Challenge

 DEVOUR YOUR TBR 
2024


hosted by Destiny @howlinglibraries


Hello readers! 

I came across this reading challenge over on Storygraph and haven't found it mentioned anywhere else but wanted to share my possible reads for the monthly prompts to hold myself accountable! 



The monthly prompts:


1. January Jumpstart
(Kick off the year with books already on your TBR! If you've never read it and you owned it or had it on your TBR before Jan 1, 2024, it counts!)

My hopeful/s:



The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey -
 I've had this one on my Dec/Jan TBR for a couple of years now so I'm hoping to jumpstart the year by knocking it off my pile! 


2. Fluffy February
(This month is all about fluff and feel-good moments so read some lighthearted romance, humor, and all the comfy and cozy vibes!)


Heartstopper Volume 5 by Alice Oseman


3. March on the Margins
(March is all about celebrating diverse voices through reading books written by authors from marginalized groups. This includes BIPOC authors, queer authors, disabled authors, and authors with mental illness.)



Freshwater by Akwaeke Emezi


4. April Antiquities
(Read books with a historical setting, whether it takes place in a historical fantasy world, ancient Rome, or even just 1985.)


The Women by Kristin Hannah - I've enjoyed her latest few historical fictions so I may give this a try!


5. Mysterious May
(May is all about reading mysteries and thrillers. Cozy mysteries count too!)



The Maid by Nita Prose -
I enjoy mysteries but more so if they're already in one of my usual genres (horror, gothic, hist fic) so I couldn't think of any off the top of my head but this one has been rather popular so I'll give it a try. 


6. Pride Parade June
(This month is all about reading queer rep and queer voices!)



Evocation by S.T. Gibson 
Spinning Gold by Carmella Lowkis


7. Sci-Fi July
(This month is dedicated to science fiction and dystopia!)



The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
Parable of the Sower by Octavia E Butler


8. ARC August
(This month is all about reading advanced reader copies!)

At this point, it's too soon to tell what ARCs I'll have to read and I certainly hope I've read anything I've received in the past by now! 


9. Sword & Shield September
(Anything fantasy!)

Fantasy is such a saturated genre right now that there's just too much for me to choose from and nothing has really stood out recently. I'll either come back to this or just add any fantasy book I end up reading to the challenge. 


10. Ominous October
(Time to bust out the spooky reads!)



Clown in a Cornfield by Adam Cesare


11. Remember November
(Time to get to any books you didn't have the chance to read! Read from previous TBRs, lists, or challenges.)

I love the idea of spending November catching up on other lists! I did this in 2023 while focusing on other neglected projects. 


12. December Delights
(Read new and/or new-to-you books from your favorite authors!) 

Another one I'm not positive about yet but I may choose something from Neil Gaiman, VE Schwab, T Kingfisher, or Seanan McGuire for this prompt.  





Want to join in on this challenge?
Check it out on STORYGRAPH!


No comments:

Post a Comment