Monday, January 1, 2024

LazyDayLit's JANUARY 2024 TBR & Reading Goals

HELLO NEW YEAR! 


Hello readers!

New year, new books?! Yes, please! And maybe a few backlist books too! 
I'll be posting more of my goals and reading challenges throughout the week but here's a few basic reading goals before I get into my January TBR list:

*Read more poetry
*Read more nonfiction
*Keep reading graphic novels
*Read a few classics
*Keep up with my book club reads
*Keep up with my reading challenges
*Enjoy what I'm reading (this includes ditching a book that isn't working for me!)




Do you have any special reading goals?
What are you hoping to read in January?




MY JANUARY HOPEFULS


Book Club Reads



Bookshops & Bonedust by Travis Baldree - 
I'll be reading this alongside the TBR&Beyond Book Club AND for BookRiot's Read Harder challenge! 



Library Loans

I'm definitely leaning towards winter thrillers at the moment!


The Sanatorium by Sarah Pearse
Secluded Cabin Sleeps Six by Lisa Unger
Dead of Winter by Darcy Coates


Nonfiction Picks

These nonfiction selections are all just books I have out from the library at the moment but they all seem to have a certain theme and I'm all for it. Give me all the nature-oriented lit! 
Not joking. If you have recommendations, please leave them in the comments! 


The Wheel of the Year: An Illustrated Guide to Nature's Rythyms by Fiona Cook
Wintering: The Power of Rest and Retreat in Difficult Times by Katherine May
The Comfort of Crows: A Backyard Year by Margaret Renkl



Off My Shelves

I mood-read a lot of library loans last year and neglected my own physical TBR but I'm hoping to focus more on my own books in 2024.
Here are some of my winter-themed hopefuls! 



The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
The Lost Village by Camilla Sten




What are you looking forward to reading this month?



You can keep up with what I end up reading over on Bookstagram @LazyDayLit


Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment