Sunday, November 9, 2014

Book Blogger Hop (Nov 7 - 13)


The Book Blogger Hop is hosted at Ramblings Of A Coffee Addicted Writer and this week's question is: 


Should book bloggers be doing more to support bookshops rather than just give links to Amazon or B&N as a place to buy the printed version of books they read?

I absolutely support the idea of doing more to support bookshops! Unfortunately, I have to drive over an hour to get to the nearest chain bookstore (a B&N) and there are no local bookstores or indie bookshops any closer than that. I buy my books from thrift stores. 
Blogging means reaching people all over the world so linking to my own personal local bookstore (if I had one) would not help the people looking at my blog unless they were also local and I doubt anyone from my area reads my blog, truthfully. Instead I link to sites that cater to a worldwide customer base. 
I do think I could link to more than just Amazon in the future, though. That would be a great idea.
I really wish I could take long trips to far off bookshops, buy a few books,  and blog about my experiences in hopes that someone else might take a long trip and also visit that bookshop. It's sad to think that physical bookstores might be a thing of the past for small towns.

No comments:

Post a Comment