Sunday, September 22, 2019

The Sunday Post - 2019 Week 38


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
and is a chance to share news, both new and old!

Hey there, bloggers!

Last week was extra busy for me. Between everything going on, birthdays, family visits, and remembering those I've lost, this month has been so overwhelming. We ended up taking a few day-cation adventures to take my mind off of things.  It was a bit more than usual so I don't even have time to tell you all about it but we did have a great time!

But I did realize there's no way I can keep up with The Sunday Post weekly! My weeks seem to fly by now and I'm lucky to get my reviews in so I'm going to try to make this an every other week post unless I have a lot of extra time on my hands!

Oh, it's too early. I need coffee.
Have a great day!


Currently Reading:


I'm currently reading too many books! Teeth in the Mist is a big book so I've been taking Down Among the Sticks and Bones with me on road trips, etc. where I can read a few pages at a time. I've been reading Hocus Pocus as an ebook at night and am almost done reading The Space Between to my daughter.

Recently Finished:


I didn't get much reading done this past week and need to catch up now so my next Sunday post should be nice and full! I'll have my reviews for these two up asap!

Recently posted reviews:

I reviewed The Big Book of Monsters: The Creepiest Creatures from Classic Literature by Hal Johnson for Netgalley and reviewed an ARC of The Ghost Collector by Allison Mills which was a fantastic MG ghost story about grief and loss.



My daughter and I learned about birds we see in our own backyard in Bird Watch by Christie Matheson and learned all about being brave in I Will Be Fierce by Bea Birdsong.



I finally got my review of the young adult horror novel Wilder Girls by Rory Power up but I didn't love it. I also reviewed the picture book Look, It's Raining by Matthieu Pierloot for Netgalley.


I recently read and reviewed Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel because I couldn't find my paperback copy and I needed the motivation to read it before the adaptation is out. I also started the Wayward Children series, starting with Every Heart A Doorway by Seanan McGuire!

Currently Watching:

I finally got a chance to watch the new Pet Sematary and I actually really enjoyed it! The original was always my favorite King film and the remake was pretty good!

Have a great week! Happy reading!
Follow

16 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a good week! Sometimes busy isn't a bad thing! I can't wait to read Teeth in the Mist! It looks sooo creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teeth In the Mist is fantastic! Definitely a spooky read! :D

      Delete
  2. I blog for fun so I don't condone you stress yourself out about posting, it's just not a pleasant experience when such is the case. Anyway I have never seen Pet Cemetery (at least that I can remember). I saw the new movie of IT and liked it more than the old one. My Sunday Post
    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see the new IT but I want to read the book first!
      I'm definitely trying to stay away from the blogging stress as well! Thanks so much for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  3. Every other week is perfectly fine, I think. I post when and if I feel like it. I’ve never blogged every day!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely can be a lot to keep up with! I just give myself too much to do sometimes! Have a great week! :D

      Delete
  4. I thought the same thing when I started Sunday post but I find if I stick to a format and Update the post throughout the week it isn't too difficult. But don't worry if it's not every week. Enjoy your books!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea and would probably take a lot of work off my shoulders! I guess I just need to get back into a groove!
      Happy reading! :D

      Delete
  5. Sorry you've been so busy! I think it makes sense to cut back on your Sunday Posts if they're stressing you out.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think every other week will work out great! :)

      Delete
  6. The Sunday Posts are hard to keep up with some weeks, I totally agree. Life gets so hectic.

    I've been seeing some mixed reviews of Wilder Girls. I have it on shelf to read next and would have read it by now but my reading has been off. I'm curious to see whether I like it or not. :)

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I feel like I'm always trying to catch up with something or other and blogging is my 'when I have a moment' hobby for time being but I still enjoy it. I just wish I had more time! :)

      Delete
  7. Im glad you found a way to relax after a stressful month.

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a hectic week. I remember reading Pet Semetary many years ago and seeing the original movie when it was released. So creepy! I probably won't see the remake but it's good to hear that it did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Pet Sematary was one of the creepier King movies! I loved it as a kid!
      Have a great week! :)

      Delete