Monday, September 30, 2019

LazyDayLit's September 2019 Reading Wrap Up

Goodbye September!

It's been a super busy month and I had hoped to do a lot more reading in anticipation for 'the spooky season' but I didn't do too bad.
I celebrated my birthday this month by visiting a few different museums and gardens around the state. My daughter and I love going on adventures together!

I also started my horror movie marathon, which I haven't really done since my daughter was born but used to love doing every October. So far I've watched the old and new Pet Sematary, worked through the original eight 'Friday the 13th' films (yes, I started on Friday the 13th), and started Marianne on Netflix, which is pretty creepy so far.

The books I read and finished in September:


Chapter books I read to my daughter in September:

Books I started but haven't finished:


Book Reviews I've shared on the blog this month:


I received a copy of Ocean: Secrets of the Deep by Sabrina Weiss from the publisher in exchange for a review but loved it! The illustrations were amazing and it's full of information all about the sea!
I reviewed And Then the Seed Grew by Marianne Dubuc for Netgalley. We've read two other picture books by her and loved them all!


Small Spaces by Katherine Arden was my first spooky read of the season and it didn't disappoint!
The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris was a sobering WWII novel based on a true story that I definitely recommend!


My daughter and I learned all about the birds we see in our back yard in Bird Watch by Christie Matheson and learned about being brave in I Will Be Fierce! by Bea Birdsong.


Many thanks to Annick Press for providing me with an ARC of The Ghost Collector by Allison Mills to review. This coming-of-age ghost story is a heartwarming tale of grief and loss.
I reviewed The Big Book of Monsters: The Creepiest Creatures in Classic Literature by Hal Johnson for Netgalley and really enjoyed reading little biographies from some of my favorite literary monsters!

I finally got my review of Wilder Girls by Rory Power up but I didn't love it. I also read and reviewed Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel by Eoin Colfer and Michael Moreci.


I reviewed Look, It's Raining by Mathieu Pierloot for Netgalley and requested The Bee Book by Charlotte Milner from my library because we loved her other nonfiction book 'The Sea Book'.


 We read and reviewed two books in the I Look Up To... board book series, I Look Up To Malala Yousafzai and I Look Up To Ruth Bader Ginsburg by Anna Membrino.  



I started Every Heart A Doorway, the first in the Wayward Children series by Seanan McGuire and am going to try to work my way through the series in the next couple of months!
I finally read On Writing by Stephen King at the urging of a few of my writer/bookstagrammer friends and am so glad I did! It really helped put my own writing journey and my writing hang-ups into perspective.


I hope you all had a fantastic reading month!
Keep an eye out for my spooky October TBR!
Happy reading!
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment