Sunday, September 8, 2019

The Sunday Post - 2019 Week 37


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
and is a chance to share news, both new and old!
Hey there, bloggers! 

I haven't been very active around the blogosphere lately and mostly stick to writing reviews when I can, but I'd like to get back into the habit of writing in general. I loved participating in Sunday Posts in the past so I think that's where I will start! 

Some of you may remember me, but maybe not.
So, hello!
My name is Stacy Renee. I'm in my 30's, married, and mother to one preschool-age child. I started book blogging shortly before my pregnancy and it has taken the back burner to family/mothering but I keep coming back because I enjoy it!  
Now I have a Little One that loves books almost as much as I do so I plan on sharing more of our reading journey, TBR piles, and more! That means I will continue to post picture book reviews and other KidLit but I do still read for me and share those reviews here as well, though they are fewer and farther between!

Also, I'm always over on my bookstagram and Goodreads when I'm not blogging! I always follow back bookish accounts!

What I've been reading:

I posted a Wrap Up post for August for once if you'd like to see what I read and the book reviews I posted throughout the month! 


Recently finished:

I finished The Raven's Tale by Cat Winters, which is about Edgar Allan Poe and his gothic muse come to life. Poe is one my favorites so I really enjoyed reading something from his pov!

I also flew through the latest graphic novel adaptation of Eoin Colfer's Artemis Fowl the other day so I'll have a review for that up soon.

I received The Ghost Collector by Allison Mills from the publisher to review and the release date is Tuesday so I should have that review up soon as well!



I've been reading chapter books out loud to my daughter a chapter or two every night after picture books (at her behest) for several months now. We read Pippi Longstocking in August and just finished Pippi Goes On Board.

Currently reading:

I started a little late but am reading Teeth in the Mist by Dawn Kurtagich with the Ladies of Horror Fiction group over on Goodreads and Instagram. I read 'And the Trees Crept In' last year and loved it. So spooky!

I'm also reading The Mist by Stephen King on my ereader and it's a short one so I should be finished soon!

We read Peter Pan a couple of months ago and my daughter has been pretty obsessed since then so we are starting this new Disney's The Never Girls: In A Blink by Kiki Thorpe which has Tinkerbell in it! These books are pretty quick reads so we should be finished soon and we only have the first two for now.

Most recently posted reviews:


I received and reviewed a copy of Oceans: Secrets of the Deep by Sabrina Weiss from the publisher and reviewed And Then the Seed Grew by Marianne Dubuc for Netgalley.


I also shared my reviews of Small Spaces by Katherine Arden and The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris.

Bookish giveaways I've come across recently:

Currently Watching:


I don't watch much tv these days but I've been slowly finishing up Orange Is the New Black and just started Netflix's new The Dark Crystal series.


I hope everyone has a great week!
Happy reading!
Follow

14 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back! I can imagine having a little one taking up reading time for you. But it's fun that you can share the love of reading with your child now!

    Happy Reading!

    Here's my StS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jessica! It IS really nice to share my love of reading and see her fall in love with it as well! :D

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed Small Spaces! Arden is such a talented writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I'm really looking forward to Dead Voices!! :D

      Delete
  3. Welcome back to the blogosphere! I understand how life can sometimes get in the way of blogging, but I'm glad you've decided to keep the blog active after all. The Never Girls sounds really cute---I'll have to look into that series.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole! I'm hoping I can keep up with it! :D

      Delete
  4. Welcome back to blogging! Your books look good. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey welcome back! Hope you are well. :)

    I didn't realize The Mist was short. I'm so used to some of his books being massive. I did kinda like the movie version though, so I should give that a shot.

    I need to watch The Dark Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg! I hope you are doing good as well! :D

      I love that they used the puppets and the same style in the new Dark Crystal! Definitely give it a try! :D

      Delete
  6. Hey! Nice to see you again! I hope your week is going well!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ronyell! I hope you are having a great week as well! :D

      Delete
  7. Welcome back!
    I miss reading to my kids, it’s such a precious time!

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, it really is! We're both having so much fun with it and I love that she remembers things even when I didn't think she was listening! :D

      Delete