Sunday, November 10, 2019

The Sunday Post - 2019 Week 45 - Halloween, Camping, and Cooler Weather


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
and is a chance to share news, both new and old!

Hey there, bloggers!

I said I'd try to keep up with this every other week but I think I missed a week so I may have extra to catch up on! 
The week of Halloween was extra busy (and hot) and we also ended up taking another impromptu camping trip, this time to the beach. It was wonderful to spend the early morning watching the sunrise and searching for shells with my daughter. We've had a week of bad weather since then but it finally cleared up and is looking like a beautiful weekend! 

Currently Reading:

Recently Finished:



Chapter Books We've Recently Finished:

Recently posted reviews:
(I'm going to limit this to the past week!)

    

I got my reviews up for The Silent Companions by Laura Purcell and the graphic novel edition of Coraline by Neil Gaiman.

    

We also read and reviewed the picture books, Her Right Foot by Dave Eggers (all about the Statue of Liberty!) and A Stone Sat Still by Brendan Wenzel, which was a fascinating book about perspectives!

What I'm Listening To:

Hey Rosie by The National is probably my most-listened-to song lately. 

What I'm Watching:
The only movie I've seen since before Halloween is the live-action version of The Lion King, which was very similar to the cartoon. 

What else is new?
Some of you may have noticed my absence from Instagram. I'm dealing with a battery that refuses to charge at the moment so that's why I haven't been posting. I'll hopefully have that issue solved soon!

Have a great week! Happy reading!
Follow

6 comments:

  1. I love the Wayward Children series. I hope you are enjoying it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An impromptu camping trip sounds ideal.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trip to the beach sounds amazing! It's been very cold here so we will have to wait until May for the next beach trip.
    Have a great week and enjoy your reads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you read some cool books! :)

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Camping near the beach is so awesome, I love doing that in the summer. Although it's too cold to do that here now haha since we seem to be getting freezing weather lately!

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover for House of Salt and Sorrows is beautifully haunting. It catches my eye ever time!

    I agree that the the live action Lion King was exactly like the cartoon. I left the cinema with a whole load of wtf was the point rolling around in my head but at least my son enjoyed it! (Not that I didn't enjoy, I just didn't see the point in it!)

    ReplyDelete