Saturday, November 30, 2019

November 2019 Reading Wrap Up

Hello bloggers!

November was cold and wet and busy and I probably won't have a moment to myself from here on out so I also had to rush to write up these posts! I spent most of the month catching up with things (reviews, travel journaling, craft projects, etc) and also lots of Fall cleaning to help the holidays be less stressful. There were a few beautiful days so, of course, we went out on walks and bike rides! Thankfully, November flew by with all the extra focus on other things. Christmas will be here before we know it! 



The books I read and finished in November:



Chapter Books I Read to My Daughter: 

Started but haven't finished yet:

Book Reviews I Shared This Month:

We read and reviewed A Stone Sat Still by Brendan Wenzel which was a beautiful picture book about perspectives, and Her Right Foot by Dave Eggers which is a nonfiction picture book all about the Statue of Liberty!

I shared my reviews for some of the horror books I read in October such as the graphic novel adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Coraline by P. Craig Russell and the super spooky adult historical fiction novel, The Silent Companions by Laura Purcell, which I loved!

Tunnel of Bones is the sequel to City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab and The Familiars by Stacey Halls is a historical fiction set against the Pendle Witch Trials.


We read nonfiction picture books like How Far Can A Kangaroo Jump? by Alison Limentani and Around the World in 80 Ways illustrated by Katy Halford.

A World of Pausabilities by Frank J. Sileo is a gorgeously illustrated picture book about mindfulness and W is for Webster by Tracey E. Fern is about Noah Webster and his American dictionary!

We received both 5-Minute Stories by Margaret Wise Brown and How Winston Delivered Christmas by Alex T. Smith from the publisher to review but adored both! How Winston Delivered Christmas is an advent story told in 24-and-a-half chapters that include lots of holiday craft activities as well!


I also shared my reviews for The Thief of Always by Clive Barker and Beneath the Sugar Sky by Seanan McGuire, which is the 3rd book in the Wayward Children series!


NOVEMBER MUSICI love music. Music heals.
I'm always on the lookout for something new and would like to keep track somewhere besides my bujo so here are my latest faves!

links to youtube

Power  by  Isak Danielson
He Don't Love Me  by  Winona Oak
Woman  by  Mumford & Sons
Five Cups  by  Foxing

What's next?
December is always a busy time but we have a few holiday-themed books we will be reading and reviewing soon! I'm going to attempt to be more active on bookstagram in December as well!

Are you ready for the holidays?
Follow

4 comments:

  1. November was an incredibly mixed month for me, full of ups and downs, but I'm coming out the otherside so excited for Christmas! Tomorrow, the Christmas music will be on and I'll go full on Elf, lol.

    I hope you enjoy your holiday themed books for December and that you enjoy the festive period. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you! I'm ready for all the cheer and festivity!
      Thanks so much! I hope the same for you! :) <3

      Delete
  2. I'm really curious about They Called Us Enemy.

    Weirdly enough November is usually a much busier month for me than December. During the holidays I can just relax and read a lot!

    Wish you a great December!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You read The Testaments! I need that book. The Handmaid’s Tale is one of my favorite books ever. I hope you have a great December!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete