Sunday, December 15, 2019

The Sunday Post - 2019 Week 50


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
and is a chance to share news, both new and old!

Hey there, readers!

This month is flying by! 
I've been busier than usual this holiday season, with lots of extended family time (and more on the way), festive adventures, and the dreaded shopping trips as well.  I'm not a fan of the extra stress but some traditions are hard to say no to, especially when you have a child! We hunted down the perfect tree the other day and have been enjoying decorating it. My daughter and I have also been reading an advent story, How Winston Delivered Christmas, that has crafts included for each day so we've been doing those. Of course, with all the extra activities, it's been difficult to keep up with everything! I'm working on catching up to start the new year off on a good note! 

Currently Reading

I've been in a bit of a slump with a severe lack of time to read so I've started a few books but haven't finished any yet this month. I just started a reread of The Call of the Wild in anticipation of the adaptation and am hoping I can finish it since it's so short!

Recent Reviews


Cilka's Journey by Heather Morris (4/5 stars)
Earth! My First 4.54 Billion Years by Stacy McAnulty

Dream Flights on Arctic Nights by Brooke Hartman

Currently Watching

I took my daughter to see Frozen 2 recently! That was a magical experience!
I've also been watching Joe Hill's NOS4A2 on Hulu even though I haven't read the book yet (oops!) and am loving the Christmas theme and all the fantasy/horror.


Have a great week and Happy Holidays!
Follow

8 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying my holiday prep season as well. Nothing too exciting, just shopping and wrapping! I really enjoy trying to buy presents for my family...as long as they give me a list, because man are some of them hard to buy for! Lol. I just got to get one little thing for my stepdad, already know what it is, but need to actually get it! Lol.

    The Advent story book with activity sounds like a fun way to countdown to Christmas! I've never seen something like that before. I'm just used to the calendars, I had one with chocolates growing up. Now there's socks and all these other things it's so weird! Lol. Too bad I've already too many socks, I just might have gotten myself one of those!

    Happy Reading this week!

    Here's my StS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to start demanding detailed lists from my relatives! That would make things sooo much easier!
      We did a store-bought advent for the first time last year but I'm in favor of the advent story because there's nothing to throw away! (Unless you count the crafts you can make if you choose!)

      :) Thanks so much for stopping by, Jess!

      Delete
  2. I love all the Christmas stuff too, even if the crowds do get crazy! It's such a fun time of year. Enjoy Call of the Wild!

    Frozen 2 sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter loved it! And thanks! I'm enjoying my reread of Call of the Wild when I can get a moment to read it! :D

      Have a great week Greg!

      Delete
  3. It's been so crazy the last few weeks but I sort of love all the christmas crazy!
    The cover of How Winston Delivered Christmas is so cute!!!

    Have a great week, Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The festivity is really nice! And I'm really enjoying our beautiful tree!

      Thanks so much for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  4. The book you are reading with your daughter sounds delightful, I’m a little sad mine are too old for all that now,

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying making the holidays extra special for mine while she's still little! It goes too fast!

      Have a great week!! :D

      Delete