Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2019 End-of-Year Reading Wrap Up



Hey there, readers!
I shared my End of Year Reading Survey yesterday but here's a final wrap up for the year of 2019!

My Life in 2019

It's been a crazy busy year! 
I made a list of all the places we've been this year (from local parks [counted once] to state parks to vacation destinations) and it topped 50! We've been extra active going on bike rides and hikes, as well as camping, swimming, and canoeing. Basically, we've been spending as much time in nature as possible! It's been a blast and I wish I could have shared more here but blogging took a backburner again this year, though I did try to review consistently.

Other than that, this year has been full of ups and downs, gains and losses, lessons learned and plenty of new ones on my plate to work on. I'm hoping to step into the new year with a little more focus on what's important and worthwhile.
As for my upcoming reading goals, I'll be posting them tomorrow!
Happy New Year!


My Year In Books on Goodreads




2019 Reading Challenges

This one isn't part of a group or link up. It's just another list for me to update, to be honest. 
I read 19 out of 26 letters.

I slew this challenge in 2018 but I ended up reading more popular, newer stuff from the library this year over books I already owned. That just means I have to join again in 2020 and focus on my own TBR more!
I read 27 out of my goal of 40.

This was my first year participating in this challenge but I didn't really bother to focus on it. I just mark things off if I read the prompts.
I read books for 13 of the prompts.

Read Around the World
I've been tracking the settings of books I read for a few years now and have enjoyed seeing my map fill up with markers. I didn't focus on filling in locations at all this year so I didn't keep very good track but here's my 2019 map.

 And a close up of the US and UK/Europe

I also keep a master map of all the years I've tracked so far and it is filling up quite a bit!
Apparently, I need to read books set in Africa, Australia, Canada, and South America in 2020!

My Top Ten Favorite Books of 2019
Becoming by Michelle Obama
Where the Crawdads Sing
The Nightingale
The Great Alone
Pet Sematary
Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Shout by Laurie Halse Anderson
The Silent Companions by Laura Purcell
Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire
They Called Us Enemy by George Takei
_________

Overall I think I did an okay job of sticking to my goals. I wanted to read more nonfiction, more books out of my comfort zone, more authors I've never read before. I did well with those goals. I didn't do the best with reading more of my own books or unique settings but there's always next year!

Are you ready for the new year? How many books did you read in 2019?


2 comments:

  1. I read 125 books in 2019... Like you, I also read They Called Us Enemy by George Takei and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting state parks is something I want to do more of. Colorado has a ton of them, but they’re all far away from where I live. Congrats on reading 189 books. Happy 2020!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete