Monday, August 31, 2020

August 2020 Reading WrapUp

 Goodbye August!


Hello readers!

It's been a good minute! 
That latest Blogger update has thrown my blogging schedule way off course.
What used to take me a few minutes to type up with links and pictures now takes literal hours. 
I've been so disheartened and haven't had the extra time to catch up here while also pouring so much of my time and energy into beginning our home education program, which has been going well.
I'm currently trying to work around using this as my main review space in case these issues do not change.

I'd love to know if you've had issues with Blogger lately and if you were able to fix it or not!


I'm sticking to text at the moment, in hopes that this post won't take hours to publish, but I may return to add pictures and links later when I have extra time.


Books I Read in August
The Double Helix (Explorer Academy #3) by Trudi Trueit (5/5 stars)
New Kid by Jerry Craft (5/5 stars)
The Wolf Wants In by Laura McHugh (4/5 stars)
My Life in the Fish Tank by Barbara Dee (4.5/5 stars)
The Whisper Man by Alex North (4.5/5 stars)
American Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia (5/5 stars)

Nonficiton
Nature Play at Home: Creating Outdoor Spaces that Connect Children With the Natural World by Nancy Striniste 
Peggy Dean's Guide to Nature Drawing and Watercolor by Peggy Dean
100 Hikes of a Lifetime by Kate Siber
This Book is Anti-Racist by Tiffany Jewell

Chapter Books I Read to My Daughter:
A True Home (Heartwood Hotel #1) by Kallie George
Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus by Barbara Park

Junie B. Jones and the Litle Monkey Business by Barbara Park

Junie B. Jones and her Big Fat Mouth by Barbara Park


Started but haven't finished:

Matilda by Roald Dahl

Skunk and Badger by Amy Timberlake



Reviews shared in July:
Archicards: Build A Castle by Paul Farrell
Scat by Carl Hiaasen
The Wolf Wants In by Laura McHugh

Other Posts:
ARC August TBR
TTT: Read the Rainbow
TTT: Books I Loved But Never Reviewed


Challenge Progress

ABC Challenge
July: 15/26
Aug: +0

Tackle My TBR / Beat the Backlist
July: +2
Aug: +1

The Wolf Wants In
New Kid

New Release Challenge
July: +3
Aug: +4

My Life in the Fish Tank
The Whisper Man
This Book Is Anti-Racist
American Gothic

PopSugar Challenge
July: 9/50
Aug: 12/50   +3

A book that won an award in 2019 - New Kid by Jerry Craft won the Newbery Award and Coretta Scott King Award

A book written by a Woman of Color - American Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia & This Book is Anti-Racist by Tiffany Jewell

A book you meant to read in 2019 - The Wolf Wants In

Read Harder Challenge
July: 8/25
Aug: 12/25   +4


Read a YA nonfiction book - This Book is Anti-Racist
Read a mystery where the victim is not a woman - The Whisper Man
Read a historical fiction novel not set in WWII - American Gothic
Read a MG book that isn't set in the US or UK - The Double Helix


1001 Books to Read Before You Grow Up
??? lost track / will update ???




If you got this far, thanks for reading! 
Have a great September and happy reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment