Sunday, January 22, 2017

Sunday Post #48 - So it begins...

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things you received, share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead, and more.

My week (or rather the past two weeks since I missed last Sunday) have been spent outside mostly, tending my garden, getting my Spring/Summer veggies ready. My kiddo is loving that she can run around the yard and then come over and grab some lettuce right out of the garden to eat. Other than that, I have mostly been sucked into a fictional world that I can't seem to pull myself out of (and let's face it, I'm okay with that.) In other words, I'm avoiding reality because it kind of really sucks right now. 

What You Might Have Missed
TTT - 2016 Releases I Plan to Read in 2017
Book Review: A Gathering of Shadows by VE Schwab
Picture Book Review: I Am Jane Goodall by Brad Meltzer
2017 ABC Challenge
Nonfiction Review: Our Country's Presidents by Ann Bausum

Coming Soon
Book Review: Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
Book Review: The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
Top Ten Tuesday

What I'm Currently Reading

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - This book has pretty much taken over my life this week. I'm taking a break to write this post but I should be finished with it shortly after. 

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - I set this one aside to finish Outlander because I'm hooked on that book right now. I've heard so many good things about this and I love Maas but Outlander wins this round. I'm afraid I'm going to have a book hangover and not get into this properly so I might try to read another Lemony Snicket in between. 

What I'm Listening To
I've mostly been listening to the Outlander adaptation soundtrack while I read the book. I haven't seen the show yet but I like to listen to music while I read and this was just perfect. 

As for something not so book related but still good for background music (depending on the book, I guess.)
CHVRN - Never Know


I hope you all have a safe week ahead of you!

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you're enjoying Outlander! I've been meaning to read it for ages and I even have a copy so hopefully I can read it this year. I actually read ACOTAR back in December and really enjoyed it so it's sequel is yet another book I'm hoping to get to this year (as well as the third one).

    Lauren @ My Expanding Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to re-read Outlander soon. I loved Davina Porters narrating too. She does a good job. I haven't read A court of Thorns and Roses because I'M STILL WAITING FOR IT! to come in the mail that is..If we planted anything now it would freeze . It's still winter. Enjoy your book and vegetables :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listened to Outlander on Audio. It was 37 hours. I listen in my car to and from work, it took me four weeks to get though. I loved every minuted of it though. Lauren @ Obsessive Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on reality. :) Glad you're getting lots of outside time. Hope your reads are good- both Wintersong and Lemony snicket sound fun.

    Love the Outlander song...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that reality sucks right now and I'm just glad I have other things to do to occupy my time than worrying about what is going on right now.

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about reality and that is why I read books lol. It's good to hear you are enjoying Outlander. I love the series and there were nights I stayed up until 1 am because I couldn't put it down, but I did since I had to work the next day lol. I hope you continue with the series. The books are long but I can't get enough of Jamie and Claire. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah yes... I'm with you re the fiction and reality. Although most of my recent fiction involves serial killers, but still.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely want to read 'Outlander' too!! It's been on my TBR for a long time.
    This is definitely a good time to dive into the world of books and forget the world around us.
    Have a great week! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy gardening too and we just put some things in a few weeks back that I'm excited to get to eat when they're ready. I'm sorry life isn't great, but it sounds like you've got a sweet girl and some fabulous books to make things better. Thanks for stopping by!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete