Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday #21 - Whichwood by Tahereh Mafi


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Tressa @ Wishful Endings and spotlights the books we are excited about and have yet to read. This meme is based on Waiting on Wednesday which is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine.

I can't wait for...
Whichwood by Tahereh Mafi


Expected Publication: November 14, 2017
by Dutton Books for Young Readers
Goodreads

Synopsis:
A new adventure about a girl who is fated to wash the bodies of the dead in this companion to Furthermore.

Laylee can barely remember the happier times before her beloved mother died. Before her father, driven by grief, lost his wits (and his way). Before she was left as the sole remaining mordeshoor in the village of Whichwood, destined to spend her days washing the bodies of the dead and preparing their souls for the afterlife. It's become easy to forget and easier still to ignore the way her hands are stiffening and turning silver, just like her hair, and her own ever-increasing loneliness and fear. 

But soon, a pair of familiar strangers appears, and Laylee's world is turned upside down as she rediscovers color, magic, and the healing power of friendship. 

_______________

Furthermore was the first book by Tahereh Mafi that I've read and while I did have a few issues with it, I really enjoyed how unique the story, worldbuilding, and characters were. I'm looking forward to reading about this new and interesting character in this odd world Mafi has created. Besides, that cover is absolutely gorgeous!

Have you read Furthermore? Are you looking forward to this companion novel? Let me know what you are waiting on this week!

13 comments:

  1. Nice pick! Gorgeous cover too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cover is absolutely gorgeous! I love the detailing.
    I hope you love this one when it comes out :)
    New GFC follower.
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not started this series but the covers are AWESOME! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore the cover on this and it sounds really good. Great choice.

    Jenea's Book Obsession's
    Can’t-Wait Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant to pick up Furthermore but still haven't, though this does entice me quite a bit more. I really like the concept of it. I hope you enjoy it!

    My CWW: https://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2017/08/cant-wait-wednesday-10th-anniversary.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover, and this sounds like a really good book. I haven't read the companion,but now I want to read both. Thank you for sharing, Stacy Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow that's one gorgeous cover. I think I have a copy of the first book but never got the chance to read it. Hopefully soon. And hope you enjoy this one without any issues as you did with the first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that cover. I hope you enjoy reading your pick this week!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Mafi and I really enjoyed Furthermore. I practically jumped up and down when I saw this one. I hope it is as whimsical and heartwarming as Furthermore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUCH a beautiful cover! I've not read Mafi's MG (Furthermore or this book) but I can really appreciate the covers and the concepts of the books. I liked her YA series and I'm excited for new books to come. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Stacy. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete