Saturday, August 31, 2019

August 2019 Reading Wrap Up

Hey there, readers!
I'm still attempting to get back into the groove of writing here again and have mostly been sticking to reviews but here's a quick wrap up post!

The books I read and finished in August:
I'll have these reviews up asap! 

The chapter books / abridged classics I read out loud to my daughter:


Book reviews I've shared on the blog this month:
Disclaimer: I received some of these books (mostly the picture books) from the publisher in exchange for a review! 


I shared my reviews for Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes (sequel to You), Lock Every Door by Riley Sager, and Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens, all of which I enjoyed but Crawdads was my favorite of the three. 

    

My daughter and I read Nim's Island by Wendy Orr over the summer and I finally got my review up!
History's Weirdest Deaths by James Proud was sent to me by the publisher and was an entertaining little nonfiction book filled with unusual deaths.  

    

William Sheepspeare from the Wild Bios board book series by Courtney Acampora, and Big Cat by Emma Lazell were both cute and humorous. 

The Green Giant by Katie Cottle and It's Your World Now! by Barry Falls were both positive eco-tales that I personally loved!
    

We reviewed Bird's Eye View: The Natural World by John Farndon for Netgalley and loved it! It's gorgeous and educational and I want a copy for our shelves!
Bear Came Along by Richard T. Morris was a fun ride as well!


    

Superheroes Are Everywhere by Kamala Harris is a picture book/biography with a positive message about doing what is right, and Don't Let Them Disappear by Chelsea Clinton is about 12 Endangered Species that may disappear in our lifetimes.


Speaking of endangered species, we read and reviewed Forgotten Beasts by Matt Sewell and Toby and the Ice Giants by Joe Lillington, both of which focus on the creatures that we have already lost to extinction. 


WHAT'S NEXT?
It's almost Halloween so I'm in a bit of a spooky mood! 
Here's what I've already started, have checked out from the library, or just hope to get to sometime in September! I'm joining in on a readalong for Teeth in the Mist with the Ladies of Horror Fiction and also plan on joining in on #Schwabtember!


Have you read any of these?
Do you read seasonally? If you don't read horror, what is your favorite genre or books for Autumn?

Happy reading, everyone!
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment