Sunday, February 9, 2020

The Sunday Post - 2020 Week 6 - Big Storm


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
and is a chance to share news, both new and old!

Hey there, readers!

We had a crazy high winds tornado-warning storm blow through this week and it has brought back the freezing so I'm currently bundled up but it was a nice week otherwise. We visited our state resident hippo, Lu (short for Lucifer), to celebrate his 60th birthday, went on a few charity shop book hunts, planted more seeds for our veggie garden, and flew a kite on a windy day!

As for blogging, I've been busy busy and wrote and scheduled ten review posts this past week. I'm hoping I can branch out from just reviews and The Sunday Post again soon.
 I said I would be sure to reply and return comments last week but then things came up and I had deadlines and hadn't caught up... but this is a better week so I will try harder! 


Currently Reading:

Recently Finished:

Chapter Books We've Finished Recently:


Recently Posted Reviews:

    

We found out how similar people are to marshmallows in the cute but silly Most Marshmallows by Rowboat Watkins and revisited our favorite grumpy bear in Bruce's Big Storm by Ryan T. Higgins
    

We learned all about bats in The Bat Book by Charlotte Milner (which we reviewed for Netgalley) and traveled to some of the most extreme and dangerous places on the planet in Adventures on Earth by Simon Tyler, which we reviewed for the publisher.

I also got my review of Come Tumbling Down by Seanan McGuire posted. This is the fifth and possibly final book in the Wayward Children series.

What I'm Watching:Nothing this week. I've mostly been writing.

What I'm Listening To:

Claire Laffut - 'Verite'
I've been continuing my Spanish and French language lessons on Duolingo but have also started listening to a lot of French music with subtitles lately. I've had this one stuck in my head.


Have a great week! Happy reading!
Follow

20 comments:

  1. I don't have too many used bookstores in my area that I am aware of. I have a few Half Price Books but the past several times I go in there I see nothing of interest and that's always kind of sad to me. Lol. Yeah, my TBR pile doesn't grow and I didn't spend any money, lots to be sad over. Lol.

    Nice new reads! Those are new to me ones but I hope you will enjoy them!


    Here's my StS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand that. I usually find more children's books than anything but every once in a while I get lucky and it makes my day. I just found a copy of The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek and am looking forward to reading it!
      Have a great week, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  2. I love that you have a state hippo called Lucifer!
    I’m impressed you are scheduled so far ahead.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has citizenship and everything! An interesting bit of Florida history! :)
      Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. What a fantastic book Heart of Darkness is. Have you seen the movie with Marlon Brando as Kurtz? Name, Apocalypse Now. I recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was a kid the last time I saw Apocalypse Now. I'll have to see if it's on any of the streaming. :)

      Delete
  4. Nice that you made the best of winds by flying a kite! It's been ages since I flew one. The Willoughbys looks interesting. I'll have to look into the picture books, since I'm always on the hunt for good ones for my grand kids. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a while for me as well! My Little had a lot of fun with it!
      The Willoughbys is a bit strange but has great vocabulary and a movie adaptation coming out soon on Netflix!
      Have a great week! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh wow there have been some nasty storms lately seems like. Your books look like a lot of fun this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen quite a few people up the East Coast mention tornado warnings! The rain did us good though. It's starting to look like Spring! :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! The weather's always ready to turn warm here so back at you with that Stay warm! :)

      Delete
  7. I seen there was some nasty storms going on through the week it's crazy. Stay bundled and warm and enjoy your reads!

    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit crazy, like a hurricane!
      Same to you! Thanks so stopping by! :D

      Delete
  8. Ten review posts! That is amazing. I'm way behind on posting reviews but working on it now. We had some high winds and cold temps but today I was able to have the windows open and air out the house with a balmy breeze:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love weather you can air out the house with! Windy days are great for that! Good luck with your reviews! I'm hoping I can keep up with that! :)

      Delete
  9. A hippo birthday and a visit to a bookstore sounds like an awesome day. I hope you have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty awesome day! We even got to see some manatees! <3
      Have a great week, AJ! :)

      Delete
  10. I love all the great children's books you have been reading. Maybe you would like to work with the Cybils Awards next year.

    And Heart of Darkness, too. That's a powerful book.

    Wow. You have been busy, haven't you?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm on the library's waiting list for Conference of the Birds. Hope it's good! Enjoy your week :)

    ReplyDelete