Sunday, February 23, 2020

The Sunday Post - 2020 Week 8 - Looks like Spring


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
and is a chance to share news, both new and old!

Hey there, bloggers!

It has been another one of those weeks. Some bad, some good. 
I haven't done much reading of my own (lots of KidLit as usual, of course) and I wasn't consistent with my reviewing this week but I was able to catch up a little last night.
The weather went from chilly to warm to rainy to freezing. We went from visiting the zoo to playing zoo games at home where it's warm. But we're also experiencing an early Spring. The trees are already bright green and the wildflowers are starting to pop up everywhere. 

Currently Reading:
I am currently reading the graphic novel adaptation of To Kill A Mockingbird by Fred Fordham and just re-borrowed The Conference of the Birds by Ransom Riggs to finish up before the month is over. I'm also reading an abridged version of The Adventures of Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi to my daughter.

Recently Finished:

I finished up Born A Crime: Stories From A South African Childhood by Trevor Noah yesterday and we finished another Disney Princess Beginnings story, Belle's Discovery.

Recently Posted Reviews:

We finally got around to reading They All Saw A Cat by Brendan Wenzel (we read the sequel first! Oops!) and Night Animals by Gianna Marino ended up being a fun night-time story that would be perfect for camping!
Duncan the Story Dragon by Amanda Driscoll is an adorable story about a dragon who is in search of a book buddy and The Willoughbys is a children's chapter book by Lois Lowry that is being adapted into an animated cartoon for Netflix soon!

What I'm Watching:

I started Locke & Key the other night while and am enjoying it! I read the first graphic novel ages ago and wish I had been able to read them all now! There's a beautiful old house and lots of magic involved!

Have a great week! Happy reading!
Follow

9 comments:

  1. Yeah the weather seems to be in that crazy time of year almost everywhere at this point! We were pretty cold last week, yesterday was warmer, today is going to be even warmer and then it will drop steadily again and based on my phone we should have snow. Again. On Wednesday. Again. I'm boycotting snow on Wednesdays now because this is just nuts! Lol.

    Here's my StS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice and warm again today! Seriously, it's a bit crazy. Not snow crazy, but still. It seems like I'm stuck inside on all of the nice days.

      Have a great week, Jess! :)

      Delete
  2. The weather is so crazy! We had lots of rain yesterday, but this week we're going to have temps in the 80s. That's Southern California for you. Spring is definitely starting here. I saw a lot of flowers on my hike yesterday which was nice, but it seems too early.

    Night Animals looks cute! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love seeing the wildflowers but not used to them popping up so soon! The rain brought out all the pretty green here!
      Have a great week! :D

      Delete
  3. Locke and Key is in my Netflix queue.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty interesting show! I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. Stacy Renee, I am sorry you haven't had too much time to yourself to read, but it sounds like you had a nice time with your family. I am also interested in Locke & Key, so I am pleased to hear you're enjoying it. Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw Locke & Key on Netflix when I was browsing Netflix the other day. It sounds like a good one. I might have to check that one out! ;)
    Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love the sound of an early spring! It's been nice and sunny around here too this week, even though it's still kinda cold. The zoo sounds fun... :)

    Interesting that there's a graphic novel of To Kill a Mockingbird. I never read that- I should check out graphic novel adaptations of classics- that sounds kinda fun.

    I do need to try Locke and Key too!

    ReplyDelete