Sunday, March 29, 2020

The Sunday Post - 2020 Week 13 - Stay At Home


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
and is a chance to share news, both new and old!

Hey there, bloggers!

How's everyone doing? Stir crazy yet?
It's getting crazier out there and I'm in Florida so that's saying something. The local groups are all sharing their 10+ people boat parties and kids' corona parties (as if treating this like chickenpox is a grand idea). People asking where to take their infants out to play or swim. People licking things in public to prove a point?! 
I'm just over here shaking my head.
I'm missing my outdoor adventures but I'm lucky to have a yard and a garden to play in. That and yoga are saving my sanity. We've got dandelions starting to sprout up and lots of veggies started but we're in a drought and it's been extra hot this week so I have to water often. 

This whole ordeal has changed quite a bit in our daily routine and I spent the week sorting it out rather than reading or writing so I have a lot of catching up to do when it comes to reviews! I'm making the rounds around the blogs now since I didn't have a moment last week!


New to our shelves:
One good thing from all this is the Amazon Kindle freebies! I've been seeing a lot of popular authors sharing their children's books. 
Here are a few I've come across in the past day or so! 
These were free at time of posting!



The Princess in Black by Shannon Hale & Dean Hale
(Amazon)

The Tail of Emily Windsnap by Liz Kessler
(Amazon)
Mercy Watson to the Rescue by Kate Dicamillo
(Amazon)



My First I Can Read! series
Pete the Cat's Train Trip (Amazon)

Clark the Shark and the Big Book Report (Amazon)
Digger the Dinosaur (Amazon)
Biscuit in the Garden (Amazon)



Currently Reading:


I'm still struggling to read anything but kid lit but I'm determined to spend a chunk of today finishing Station Eleven and I plan on reading The Invisible Man next.

Recently Posted Reviews:


I posted Coral Reefs by Gail Gibbons on World Water Day last Sunday and finally got around to finishing up my review of The Conference of the Birds by Ransom Riggs but otherwise haven't had time to write a lot!

What I'm Watching:


So this show is all anyone is talking about around here right now so I started it and wow. I don't usually watch stuff like this but it's set in Florida and has its particular brand of crazy. Plus big cats.


Happy reading!

Follow

10 comments:

  1. I feel you. I made a little makeshift office outside today so I could soak up some sun. I'll probably work from home in my backyard this week if the weather stays decent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the good weather holds out for your sake! An outdoor office sounds perfect right now!
      Have a great week and stay safe!

      Delete
  2. Yeah I was kind of shocked by how crowded the beaches were. And then the sickos who want to record themselves licking products in a store. I mean, even without COVID19, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! It's so gross. I had seen a video of some DB doing that in my county and I was like ugh. So not going to that store this week!

    Nice new reads! Those are all new to me ones but I hope you will enjoy them all!


    Here's my StS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh to be young and unafraid. The licking blows my mind though.

      Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! Have a great week and stay safe!

      Delete
  3. Yes people are pretty ridiculous in some ways. We are just staying home. It's been hot here this weekend but will cool down to normal this week. There's been an explosion of freebie reads. I'm reading one I just grabbed today, it's short.

    Stay healthy, safe and happy reading!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like summer here already! I need a swimming pool! :)
      Happy reading and stay safe!

      Delete
  4. The corona parties blow my mind. I can't believe anyone would do that! Wow.

    I need to try Tiger King, I just saw another blogger talking about that show and now I'm so curious!

    Be safe and take care this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have shared some Tiger King memes. They're hilarious!

      Have a great week, Greg, and stay safe! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, that IS insane! I wonder if they'll still think it's an awesome idea to be that stupid when their loved ones start dying? *shakes head*

    Hope you manage to keep safe despite the recklessness of people in your state. For what it's worth, the UK was put into lockdown when people were being stupid here and heading to the beaches so stupidity seems to be everywhere. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hopefully it's a possibility but the spread has me worried! I don't think people realize how their actions affect others. It's sad. If only we had closed things down sooner!

      Happy reading and stay safe! :)

      Delete