Sunday, March 1, 2020

The Sunday Post - 2020 Week 9 - Hello March!


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
and is a chance to share news, both new and old!

Hello bloggers!

It's March!
I shared my February 2020 Wrap Up yesterday!
 This past week was busy but fun. One of my aunts visited from the other side of the country so we went out to lunch and to a wildlife refuge to see the manatees that hang out at the springs when the weather is colder. We've seen manatees three times in the past two weeks! I've also been trying to get out on little walks if not long hikes so we've been visiting a lot of little parks as well.

I'm excited about Spring! I love it when all the trees are at their brightest! I'm hoping for decent weather and an adventure or two. We started our veggie gardening a little late this year but thanks to the strange weather and rain we've got quite a few seedlings going right now!

Do you have any fun plans this month?


Here's what's on my TBR pile for March:




Recently Finished Reading:



Recently Posted Reviews:


We read and reviewed a few space-related nonfiction picture books this week including Pluto Gets the Call by Adam Rex about Pluto being downgraded to a dwarf planet, Mario and the Hole in the Sky: How A Chemist Saved Our Planet by Elizabeth Rusch, and Sun! One In A Billion by Stacy McAnulty which is part of the Our Universe series!


I also reviewed Peter Kuper's graphic novel adaptation of Joseph Conrad's 'Heart of Darkness'.

What I'm Watching:

I binge-finished Locke & Key at the beginning of the week and then binged I Am Not Okay With This (also on Netflix) about a teen girl with angst problems that turn into serious superhero problems.
I also saw A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, the new movie about Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, and Frozen 2 came out this week so I've probably seen that more times than I'd like to share.
If you're wondering what song/s are stuck in my head this week, it's literally every song from Frozen 2. They're playing in my dreams now. smh


Have a great week everyone! Happy reading!

Follow

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice time! Our weather is finally starting to turn just a tad with temps well above freezing. I already feel like the days are numbered. Soon, it will be sweltering and I will be counting down the days again until Jack Frost returns! Lol.

    Here's my StS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Summer is often too hot for adventures so we fit in as many as we can throughout the winter and Spring!
      Thanks for stopping by, Jess! Have a great week! :D

      Delete
  2. That sounds like fun times! I'm also super excited for spring. I'm so over the rain.. I need sun and being able to go outside. LOL!
    Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get that chance soon! Being outside is my favorite! <3
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Manatees! We see them in Florida when we go to visit my brother. I hope it will warm up in the next week or so to get my cold crops planted. Our broccoli from the fall (sept) planting has survived all winter so far and has 6 new heads! But I want to plant lettuce, spinach, chard and snow peas. I think bush beans can be planted now too. Tomatoes and some of the herbs are later though.

    Welcome to the Sunday Posts and happy reading!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such gentle creatures! I love them! <3
      That makes me wish I had planted in the Fall! Our summer veggies don't do well from all the rain and heat but I'm hoping to get a good run of beans, lettuce, and spinach. Good luck with your gardening! Have a great week! :)

      Delete
  4. My name is mud because we never saw Frozen 2 when it was in theaters and now I'm trying to wait till it shows up on Disney+ but who knows if I'll be able to hold it off that long! We saw manatees when we were in Orlando and I was mesmerized! I don' think I'd ever seen them in person and they're such fascinating creatures. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took my daughter to see Frozen 2 as a special birthday treat! I'm not big big on Disney or princesses but I thought the movie and music were both sooo good! And I agree! Manatees are fascinating creatures! I could watch them for hours! :D

      Delete
  5. Manatees sound so amazing- I've never seen one but one of these days I'd like to when I'm in Florida. I bet they're amazing up close! And good luck with the gardening! It was in the 50's here today (haha) so it's sorta feeling like spring here too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few places (like Lowry Park Zoo) where you can see them under the water through glass and it's very much worth it! They look like big rocks from above!
      Thank you for the gardening luck! Have a great week, Greg! :)

      Delete
  6. I'm really excited for spring too. I'm not a fan of the cold weather so I feel like I've been hibernating for months, just waiting for the warm weather to return. It looks like you have some great reads coming up. I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely visit with your aunt. I’ve heard excellent things about Station Eleven. I hope you’ll love it! I haven’t seen A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood yet but I definitely want to.

    ReplyDelete