Sunday, November 6, 2016

The Sunday Post #44 - Daylight Savings Time (Ugh)


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things you received, share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead, and more.

I may or may not have wasted a huge chunk of this past week playing Skyrim (Xbox One re-release) because the Elder Scrolls has been a part of my life since 2004 and I just can't help it. Thank goodness I am not participating in NaNoWriMo this month because that would have been a huge fail.
My reading has suffered a bit as well. I haven't finished a book yet this week though I'm almost done with Crooked Kingdom. I need to push through it tonight so I can join in on the Alchemists of Loom by Elise Kova ARC readalong hosted by @thebookishcrypt & @amybraunauthor on Instagram. I'm really looking forward to that.


This Past Week On The Blog
October Wrap Up
November TBR
Book Review: The Cartographer's Daughter by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
Book Review: The Pumpkin House by Chad P. Brown
Book Review: Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi
Stacking the Shelves #75

Coming Soon
Top Ten Tuesday - Recent Additions to my GR TBR list
Picture Book Review: Maxwell the Monkey Barber
Book Review: The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury
Book Review: Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas

Books I Finished This Week

What I'm Currently Reading

(ebook)
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
I'm not loving this as much as I remember loving Six of Crows but it's still pretty good. 

(physical book)
A Gathering of Shadows by VE Schwab
I'm in love with this trilogy so far and this one even more because Lila is such a badass. Plus pirates. 

Anybody else bothered by this daylight savings time? I was up at 5 am this morning! Ugh. I need more sleep. 

8 comments:

  1. I love Skyrim! What is different about the re-release? I wish they would make a brand new one.

    "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee." Lol ~Aleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have to listen to Six of Crows. It is good to lose yourself in other activities even if the reading suffers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so need to read the Victoria Schwab series. I have heard good things about it. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted to play Skyrim for so long but have just never gotten around to it. The world looks so immersive and I like the open ended, you can go wherever you want type games. Maybe in 2017 I can get to it...

    The time change always screws me up lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, I've read A Gathering of Shadows! I adored the book, though not the ending. That cliffhanger though. I have not read Crooked Kingdom, but I definitely plan to, by the end of the year. Six of Crows was amazing. :D I hope you enjoy both of those!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes you got to do what you got to do. LOL I find doing something other than reading makes me hungry for it again. Then it's all fun choosing what to do first.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. I participated in one of the Top Ten Tuesdays a while ago and keep meaning to check out the topics in case I want to have another go!

    Is it bad I haven't heard of Skyrim?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love The Dregs duology and all things Schwab!

    ReplyDelete