Monday, October 31, 2016

October 2016 Wrap Up


Happy Halloween! 
I'd love to say that I'm out trick-or-treating or at a Halloween party by the end of today but the truth is that I'm going to be at home watching Hocus Pocus, Nightmare Before Christmas, (and probably some Rob Zombie films after the little one has gone to bed) and munching on the little bit of candy we have for possible trick-or-treaters. 
October was a pretty good month for me, reading and life-wise. We had a few days of staycations where we visited the zoo, a pumpkin patch, and visited family. I ended up focusing more on reading than blogging so I'm behind on reviews and whatnot. I also spent a little over a week NOT reading so I think I did pretty good this month. 
I did spend a lot of time on my bookstagram and had a pretty dark theme that I'm thinking about continuing into November. I'm having a lot of fun with it and it has been a much needed creative outlet for me lately.

Books I Read
Pages Read: 3008

Started But Haven't Finished

Book Reviews Posted This Month
The Voyage to Magical North by Claire Fayers 4 stars
Shadows of the Dark Crystal by J.M. Lee 5 stars
A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab 5 stars
The Dream (Rahtrum Chronicles) by R.K. McLay 4 stars
Fear the Drowning Deep by Sarah Glenn Marsh 3.75-4 stars
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie 4 stars
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff 4.5 stars
My Haunted House by Angie Sage 3.75 stars
The Ghost of Crutchfield Hall by Mary Downing Hahn 3.5 stars
Henry Hunter and the Beast of Snagov by John Matthews 4 stars


Picture Book Reviews Posted This Month
Finding Wild by Megan Wagner Lloyd

The Spider and the Fly by Tony DiTerlizzi
It's Raining Bats and Frogs by Rebecca Colby

Challenge Progress

New Places Visited

(Serafina and the Twisted Staff)
Biltmore Mansion, NC

(Henry Hunter)
Transylvania

(The Crown's Game)
Saint Petersburg, Russia
--------

--------

--------

--------

--------


How did you guys do on your goals this month? What was your favorite book? 

3 comments:

  1. Bookstagram is awesome and I love seeing what people come up with, it can be pretty creative. Especially at Halloween time! Glad it was a good Oct., I didn't read a ton but just enough ha ha.

    The Cartographer's Daughter looks good. Hope you have a good Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, your Bookstagram pictures are really cool! I like the dark theme. I want to do more bookstagram. I use Instagram for pretty much anything, so it will never be JUST books but it's fun to have them here and there.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently read Futhermore also (it ended way too abruptly), and Serafina is on my TBR for November (as is Illuminae).

    Sunday Summary #28

    ReplyDelete