Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday #101 - Authors I Wish I Could Meet


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Top Ten  Eight Auhors I Wish I Could Meet

J.K. Rowling
I'd love to pick her brain on how to outline epic series like she did with Harry Potter. Honestly, though, I'd probably be frozen and unable to speak around her. She is Queen. 


Neil Gaiman
I'd probably just give Neil all of my story ideas in hopes that he would write them a million times better than I ever could because I definitely want him to write everything I've ever wanted to read. He's just that brilliant. 

Kelly Barnhill
I'm rather new to this author and have only read 'The Girl Who Drank the Moon' but I loved it so much that I want to pick her brain about how her ideas come together and how she writes so beautifully. 

Sarah J. Maas
I actually feel like Maas might hate me after all the questions I'd ask. I love her books but I think she has a lot of room for improvement. I see TOG and ACOTAR as her debuts and I hope she continues to write because I'd love to see her amazing ideas with how her writing improves or changes over the years.

Patricia A. McKillip

If I could 'enter' anyone's brain, it would be hers. I'd want to take her somewhere amazingly beautiful to have tea and just sit there quietly while she thinks up new worlds. And then I'd beg to read about them asap. 

Rick Riordan
If I were to meet him, I would want it to be in a sort of classroom type setting because I want this guy to teach me all the things. If he teaches anything like how he writes, I'd be hooked and I'd never forget my lessons. 

V.E. Schwab
I want to meet her to ask if she's going to write anymore books in the Shades of Magic world because I love those books so much (though I haven't read A Conjuring of Light yet. I'm saving up for it.)

Jan Brett
She write and illustrates picture books but she's soooo very talented and I adore her detailed artwork. I'd love to meet her in whatever place she gets her inspiration from. A little garden or something. 

5 comments:

  1. I hope you meet all the authors on your TTT list this week. The cool thing is that I made a TTT post a couple of years ago of all the authors I wanted to meet in person some day and I ended up meeting three of them in person within a year!!

    This week I choose to focus on the eleven authors I can't believe I've al ready met! Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/03/top-ten-tuesday-ten-authors-i-cant.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. JK Rowling would be amazing and Neil Gaiman too even though I've never read his stuff, but I have read some of his essays and various things. He seems to have awesome ideas.

    Ooh Patricia McKillip too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!! Honestly, I am not see Rowling as much as I would've thought! LOL! I got to meet Sarah last year when she came to a nearby B&N and am always entertained with her stories! She's so sweet! Hope you get to meet all of these lovely authors one day!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some really good picks! That would be great if you could meet them all.

    ReplyDelete