Sunday, May 31, 2020

The Sunday Post - Wk 22 - Rain Lilies


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
and is a chance to share news, both new and old!

Hey there, bloggers!

I took a few days off from everything last week and missed getting my Sunday Post up in time so I have a little extra to catch up on this week. 

I had a quiet and rainy Memorial weekend filled with games, puzzles, and art time with my daughter. I spent a few days not feeling one hundred percent so I relaxed and flew through The Deep by Alma Katsu. Thankfully (hopefully) it's nothing and I was back to my usual yard work in a day or two. It is quite muggy out now with afternoon storms starting up so getting everything done first thing in the morning is best. 
We ordered and received a BookOutlet haul that I shared in my Stacking the Shelves post yesterday. 

In the garden, we've harvested all of our cukes, beans, some squash, lots and lots of tomatoes, and we have our first round of bell peppers almost ready to pick now! The sweet potatoes are starting to spread and my pumpkins are finally taking off and have some blooms! 
We also have tons of rain lilies popping up all over my yard now thanks to the rain! 

Currently reading:

I'm struggling with my own reading time at the moment but am reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to my daughter and am enjoying the reread very much. 

Recently finished:

I loved this! My review will be up on Friday!

Recent Reviews:

The Nuff by Veronica Waldrop
What About Worms?! by Mo Willems & Ryan T. Higgins
The Fish Who Found the Sea by Alan Watts
When Sadness Is At Your Door by Eva Eland
The Nebula Secret (Explorer Academy #1) by Trudi Trueit


What I'm Watching:

Apparently, I am still paying for Hulu and found this to watch (about Catherine the Great) and am hooked. It's hilarious and depraved. I recommend.

How are you all doing? Anything new in this crazy covid world going on with you? 

Follow

8 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better now. But yay for being able to read when under the weather.

    Nice new reads too! Some new to me ones but I hope you enjoy them all!


    Here's my StS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! It was short-lived! Getting in extra reading time is always nice though! :D
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like the garden is doing well. :) I love tomatoes and bell peppers... yum.

    Hope you are feeling better now! It's supposed to warm up here this week too although hopefully it doesn't get too muggy. I'm not quite ready for that yet haha. Some sunshine though- I'll take that!

    Hope your week is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like rain constantly now, but my garden is enjoying it. Tomatoes and peppers are my fave. Easy to grow and they go so well in almost everything. :)
      Have a great week, Greg!

      Delete
  3. Wow our garden, other than the lettuce and chard isn't ready yet. It rained all week. This week will be dry so I'm going to get out before it gets hot after the next couple days. It's gorgeous today.

    Stay safe and be well!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get more gorgeous days in the garden! Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. What a garden haul. Yummy.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm always happy to get a little something out of the garden! :D

      Delete