Saturday, June 6, 2020

Stacking the Shelves 2020 #3





Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews


Hello readers!

I received the other half of my BookOutlet order this past week, which mostly consists of fun books for my daughter. We grabbed some art and activity books, a couple of chapter books, and a few children's nonfiction books, one of which came as Scratch & Dent quality when I didn't order from that category. Sigh.


I wasn't sure if I should share this because of BookOutlet's recent insensitive response about their vlogger program and people of color. I have enjoyed the variety but I'm disappointed in their responses and won't be ordering from them again unless I see a genuine effort to do better.


Won/Gifted

I received Elysium Girls by Kate Pentecost in the mail this week! This is set in Oklahoma during the Dust Bowl and sounds like a kickass, high-stakes game of life and death. I can't wait to get through my current reads so I can start it!

Many thanks to Disney Hyperion and the FFBC!

Netgalley
I'm trying to avoid Netgalley until I catch up with some current reviews but this one was right up my alley. It's about quietly observing and taking in the sounds of nature and the world around us.

Many thanks to Netgalley & Annick Press!

Amazon Freebies

We're still languishing without new Overdrive material for the fifth month in a row so we've grabbed a few freebies to read.

That's all!
Let me know if you added anything good to your shelves this week!



Follow

1 comment:

  1. That's a bummer about The Book Outlet order. I mean, even if it was a matter of you ordering the regular ones and they were out, they should've messaged you asking if you'd like the scratched and dented one instead of just sending you that. Even if it was in error, a simple apology and refund is all that's necessary or at least a credit.

    I'm particular about my books appearance. I've only ever placed one or two orders for books I wanted to read and couldn't find elsewhere. For the most part they were in decent condition. But yeah, I stayed clear of the scratched and dented ones!

    Congrats on the win though! That's still cool! Hope you enjoy all the new reads!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete