Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday - World Oceans Day


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish and taken over by That Artsy Girl in 2018. 


Hey bloggers!

Today's prompt is
'Books I added to my TBR and Have Forgotten'
BUT,
to be honest, the majority of my shelves and TBR list are books I've added and since forgotten.

So, in honor of World Oceans Day,
(which was yesterday)
here are ten books with an ocean-themed story or cover that I've either read or want to read!
(Not including any I shared in last week's TTT)


The Mermaid, the Witch, and the Sea  by  Maggie Tokudo-Hall
(This one has mermaids, witches, and pirates!)

Lalani of the Distant Sea  by  Erin Entrada Kelly
(This is a MG fantasy and sounds fantastic!)



Coral   by  Sara Ella
(This is a mermaid tale that seems to cover mental health so it has me interested.)

The Deepest Blue  by  Sarah Beth Durst
(This sounds pretty good but I've yet to read anything by this author! I need to change that!)


The Girl the Sea Gave Back  by  Adrienne Young
(I read Sky in the Deep last year and enjoyed it so might try more from her!)

Crown of Coral and Pearl  by  Mara Rutherford
(This one YA fantasy and is currently sitting on my summer TBR pile!)



Beneath Cruel Fathoms  by  Anela Deen
(This is one the most recent additions to my TBR. It's an adult fantasy romance with merfolk in it!)

House of Salt and Sorrows  by  Erin A. Craig
(I read this last year during the spooky season. It has a haunted fairytale aspect set in an oceanic world.)




The Deep  by  Alma Katsu
  (This was one of my latest reads and I really enjoyed it. It's historical fiction horror set on the Titanic and Britannic.)


Jaws  by  Peter Benchley
(I enjoy reading book-to-movie adaptations, even after seeing the film, and this is a new addition to my TBR.)


I'd love to know if you've read any of these or have similar recommendations for me! Feel free to link to your TTT as well!

Follow

8 comments:

  1. I need to read the Deepest Blue. I like that you tied it to World Oceans Day. Have a great day.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the spin you took on it this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about Coral!

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh nice theme change!! And yay JAWS!!! Though ironically, I found I liked the movie better. But I had seen the movie like 1000 times before I was allowed to read the book. Guess a kid I could watch the PG movie, but the book was more PG-13, hence the wait! Lol.

    House of Salt and Sorrows was AMAZING!!! I loooooved this twisted tale of The Worn Out Dancing Shoes aka The 12 Dancing Princesses! (lol, I tend to call it by the Grimm title instead of the updated version. Not sure why Grimm bros didn't just use that title to begin with...) Crown of Coral and Pearl is in my TBR as well. That came from a book box and I thought, why not? Lol. Hence it stayed and awaits its turn to enter the queue!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of World Oceans Day. How interesting! I love this topic for a TTT list. I read THE DEEP a few weeks ago and enjoyed it, overall. It's eerie but engrossing.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ocean themed covers! They are so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love books themed around the ocean. JAWS I bet would be scary, and Beneath Cruel Fathoms looks awesome. I love all these covers too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 🌊 Happy World Oceans Day! 🌊 Nice theme, and great list of books. Some of these book covers are amazing. I especially like the book cover for Lalani of the Distant Sea by Erin Entrada Kelly - very pretty!

    Here's my TTT list!

    ReplyDelete