Sunday, June 28, 2020

The Sunday Post - 2020 Wk 26 - 1st Week of Summer


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
and is a chance to share news, both new and old!


Hey there, bloggers!Here's my week at a glance!

Currently Reading:

Recently Finished:

Recent Reviews:


We shared our review for the fun look-and-find board book, All Around Bustletown: Summer by Rotraut Susanne Berner, for the publisher, and When Emily Was Small by Lauren Soloy, for Netgalley. We also dug into some great children's nonfiction with Summer Green to Autumn Gold: Uncovering Leaves' Hidden Colors by Mia Posada, which is great for both nature and seasonal study and focus on how leaves change colors!

I also reviewed the graphic novel, Glass Town: The Imaginary World of the Brontes by Isabel Greenberg, which was uniquely illustrated with interesting parallels to the classic novels I've read by the sisters. 

Other Posts:
Top Ten Tuesday - Revisiting Past TTT's


What I'm Watching: 


We watched the old 1973 cartoon adaptation of Charlotte's Web after finishing the story and then watched the 2006 version later on.

Off the blog:

This week has been physically and mentally exhausting.
I've been feeling stretched thin and have fallen behind on some things. I try to stay organized but it doesn't seem to make a big difference when there's too much for one person to do on a daily basis and not enough time for it all. Sigh.

COVID cases are spiking like crazy now, with over 9000 new cases in one day in Florida this week. I'm not going to say I'm surprised.  I'm planning on whipping up some more masks soon because it looks like this is not going away.

 It has been sooo hot this week.
My grass was just starting to look nice from the daily rain and now it's dying off again. I can water twice a day but all of my plants are still droopy by noon. We tried an early morning hike this week but it was miserable so I guess I need a ton of new indoor activities to keep us busy this summer!
Follow

6 comments:

  1. It's been hot here too but nothing like down there probably! And I hear you on the COVID spike. We're seeing it here too now after a few weeks where things were getting better. It's so disheartening. Hope your week ahead is a good one though and hopefully not too hot! Be well and take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is disheartening! I'm not surprised about Florida. There's just sooo much division and misinformation still circulating and it's a popular tourism state, even with COVID going on. I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of the cases were traced back to vacations here.
      Hoping the week ahead is good for you too! Stay safe!

      Delete
  2. Happy summer! I’ve been walking and hiking more often, but I have to get up really early to do it. It gets hot so quickly! I hope you have a good week.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are trying to get out to hike at least once a week now, too, but have to go really early before it's too hot AND humid! Usually the last half of the hike is miserable these days but we've been seeing so much wildlife going early!
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Those spikes are scary, stay safe

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just keeps getting worse! We hit 10,000+ in one day!
      Thank you so much! Happy reading and have a great week!

      Delete