Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #80 - Change of Opinion

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Ten Books I Feel Differently About After Time Has Passed

1. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte - I hated this book with a passion. It made me so angry. I couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks and months after reading it. Now I consider it one of my favorite books ever because it's rare to find a book that makes you feel so many emotions and sticks with you for so long. 

2. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra ClareI read the first 3 books and enjoyed them. Then I read the 4th book and it bored me so much. I stopped reading them after that and now, a few years later, I really don't know what I saw in them at all. Now they are overly hyped and I really don't see myself finishing the series. I know, I know... unpopular opinion but it is what it is. 

3. Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth - I thought the first book was the best and I hated Allegiant (still do) but now, after the movie adaptation and reading a few other dystopian novels, I wonder what I was thinking. 

4. Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews - I read her Casteel Family series before this series in my teens and loved it because I was really into messed up lives in books back then so I think I had this mentality that I had to like this book (& series) as well. So many years later I can look back on it and see it differently. 

5. Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul, etc - I read a lot of these books as a teen. I guess I enjoyed the wisdom and sentiment of them but now every time I see one of those books my eyes roll right out of my head. 

Oops, I ran out of time to search through my Goodreads 'read' list to see if there were any others. 

3 comments:

  1. I pretty much gave up on The Mortal Instrumends in the middle of book four, but The Infernal Devices is a completely different thing and I adored all three books. I really liked Lady Midnight, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the Clockwork Prince when it first came out and remember liking it but I can't remember anything about it. I may reread it so I can read the rest of that trilogy because I have heard great things about it compared to TMI.

      Delete
  2. Chicken Soup! Oh my! I remember when Momma gave me one of those and thought it held all the answers to my teen "issues".

    ReplyDelete