Sunday, July 17, 2016

The Sunday Post #28 - Vacation week!

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things you received, share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead, and more.

I'm away again today, visiting family. My husband and I just celebrated 11 years together earlier this week. It's kind of crazy that it's been that long already.
We've got some day-cations (one day vacation) planned for the next couple of weeks so I might actually have something to talk about in the future for once! Haha! 


This Past Week On The Blog

Book Reviews:
Skeleton Island by Angie Sage
Red's Planet by Eddie Pittman (graphic novel)
Good Omens by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett
The Night the Stars Went Out by Suz Hughes (picture book)

Other:
Top Ten Tuesday
Stacking the Shelves 

Blasts, Tours, Giveaways, & More:
The Ghost Chronicles by Marlo Berliner
Rachel Laine by Jennifer Peel
The Last of the Fire Drakes by Farah Oomerbhoy

Coming Soon

Book Reviews:
Do Not Bring Your Dragon to the Library by Julie Gassman (picture book)
On Your Mark: The Adventure Begins by C.J. Milbrandt
Stars Above by Marissa Meyer

Books I Finished This Week

What I'm Currently Reading

Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
I should be done with this one by now but sleep has been winning out every night. It's good but I'm just so darn tired at the end of the day. 

Darkstalker by Tui T. Sutherland
I'm loving this so far. Dragons are the characters and it's fascinating! 

Currently Watching
This show is so messed up but a bit funny at the same time. This covers a family of 6 kids and a drunk dad living in poverty and doing whatever they can to get by. It's actually pretty sad how much this show reminds me of my childhood (though it definitely wasn't that bad.). Just a warning: there's a lot of nudity, foul language, violence, drug use, etc.
--------

Have a lovely week, everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! And have fun with the day- cations- those can be fun. I think Wings of Fire looks interesting- I haven't read anything w/ dragons as the main characters I don't think. It looks fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary. Vacations are good things. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete