Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday #14 - The Ravenous by Amy Lukavics


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Tressa @ Wishful Endings and spotlights the books we are excited about and have yet to read. This meme is based on Waiting on Wednesday which is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine.

I can't wait for...
The Ravenous by Amy Lukavics


Expected Publication: September 26, 2017
by Harlequin Teen
Goodreads

Synopsis: 
From the outside, the Cape family looks like they have it all. A successful military father, a loving mother and five beautiful teenage daughters. But on the inside, life isn't quite so idyllic: the Cane sisters can barely stand each other, their father is always away, and their neglectful mother struggles with addiction and depression. 

When their youngest and most beloved sister, Rose, dies in a tragic accident, Mona Cane and her sisters are devastated. And when she is brought back from the dead, they are relieved. But soon they discover that Rose must eat human flesh to survive, and when their mother abandons them, the sisters will find out just how far they'll go to keep their family together. 

Why I Can't Wait
This sounds like contemporary with a dark twist. I'm not much of a contemporary person but I think this sounds awesome. Sort of like The Virgin Suicides but with zombies!
I'm a little afraid that it's just very tame horror (I like my horror full blown bloody-gorey) but I'm willing to give it a try! 


11 comments:

  1. That does sound like a dark read! Not so sure on the contemporary part though. Lol! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this sounds so creepy, I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this does sound good! I'll have to add this to my TBR! I hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my can't-wait read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the perfect story to read during Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I featured this one a few weeks ago. I can't wait to see all the scary books released around Halloween - it's one of my favorite times of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, first time I'm hearing about this. Great pick!
    Check out my Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes sounds spooky! And with a title like that... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Horror is certainly meant to be gory and bloody! That's how I like my horror too! Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh! This cover looks creepy! Thanks for checking out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All I keep hearing in my head is that line from Pet Sematary -- sometimes dead is better. This book sounds creepy. Hope it scares you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, this sounds so dark and intense. I hadn't heard of this book before it definitely sounds intriguing even though I don't typically read horror.

    ReplyDelete