Sunday, April 5, 2020

The Sunday Post - 2020 Week 14 - Time to Read


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
and is a chance to share news, both new and old!


Hey there, bloggers!

 Covid19 Thoughts
It's mostly been an uneventful week but the trauma of the situation is constantly wearing on me. I've spent a lot of time worrying and agonizing over every ache and pain as well as spending as much time as possible cleaning and disinfecting because it's difficult to keep a young child aware of what they're touching. Having an essential employee in the house is nerve-wracking. Knowing that my area is getting hit hard and our healthcare system can not handle bigger numbers is scary.

Positive Thoughts
I finished Station Eleven last week and then read a graphic novel and it really helped me with whatever reading block I was in. I'm trying to read and write more now, partly to normalize things a bit. I'm still keeping up with my yoga flows and I was able to grab a quick bike ride this week as well.

Our garden is growing really well. Our pole beans are already topping our bamboo teepees and we have got cherry tomatoes starting to grow! We spent the week fixing up an old garden bed for our pepper plants and another to plant sunflowers and pumpkins in for autumn!

How are you all doing? Any good happening during these difficult times?


Currently Reading:


Recently Finished:


Chapter Books We Are Reading:

We read an abridged version of The Secret Garden in March, which my daughter loved, and then she chose A Little Princess because we have the double film and she wants to read it so we can watch that movie as well. 

Recently Posted Reviews:


We read and reviewed Bo the Brave by Bethan Woollvin and My First 100 Science Words by Chris Ferrie for Netgalley.
I also got my review of Fred Fordham's graphic novel adaptation of To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee posted!

Other posts:
March 2020 Reading Wrap Up
Stacking the Shelves 2020 #1

What I'm Watching:

I haven't had time for tv this week but ended up spending my Saturday night watching All the Bright Places. The book broke my heart.


What I'm Listening To:

 "Phoenix" by Rhye
(This one is an upbeat oddity but I love Milosh's music.)

Have a great week! Stay home and stay safe!

Follow

11 comments:

  1. I need to read Station eleven. Even though there's a pandemic happening it just sounds oddly like a comforting read? Maybe because it's after the event (from what I've heard) and sounds like it's about rebuilding/ hope maybe?

    It is hard because you're right everything is so uncertain and we're all stressed by the uncertainty, I think, and the fear of are we doing enough to disinfect/ reduce our risk? Nerve wracking!

    Your garden sounds awesome! Yay for growing things haha!

    Be safe this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS an interesting read! The pandemic is just a small part of the book but it's a great read for right now, considering!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had some happier moments this week despite all the scary outside! That's a good thing!

    I hope you have a great week ahead! Happy Reading!


    Here's my StS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am agonizing over every ache and pain as well. Hoping to read and Blog to distract. Stay well and enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think worrying about it makes it so much worse but I can't seem to help it! Finding something else to focus on really is key! :)

      Delete
  4. Every time my throat is a little dry or sore, I start to panic a little, but I know that my allergies are contributing to these issues.

    It must be very hard to deal with the crisis with small children in the house.

    I am grateful for the online connections that allow us to expand our little universe while in isolation.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that being able to connect online has been sooo helpful!
      And I definitely do the same with every little cough!

      Delete
  5. I feel you. My anxiety is through the roof, and being that I still have to go to work, I worry about what I may be bringing home to my family. Every time I leave the office I have a sore throat and a headache. And like you, I worry about every little symptom. I've had a little cough for over three weeks now, and while logically I know it's allergy related, I still find myself wondering if it's something more. Sending a big virtual hug your way. Take care of yourself and your family. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that! Worrying about whether you'll bring it home has to be incredibly stressful! And that's understandable considering the symptoms are so different and last differently for others! I hope you stay safe! <3

      Delete
  6. I definitely share your anxiety for others as well as my family. I planted some garden earlier but now need to plant the warm weather stuff but feel unmotivated.

    Have a wonderful week! Be kind and take care of yourself!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! Having a garden to look forward to is a good step! <3

      Delete