Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday - Books That Make Me Smile


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish and taken over by That Artsy Girl in 2018.

Books That Make Me Smile

I'm not so sure this topic is going to be easy for me!
Even as a kid I would read books with tough subject matter and while I do enjoy a good fantasy, I've never really stopped reading difficult, dark, or tragic books. I don't really gravitate towards happy endings or light, fluffy reads unless I give in to strange hype or want to try a contemporary before the movie adaptation comes out.
*Shrugs*

But I'll try my best!



Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli is one I read because it had an adaptation coming out but it literally had me grinning from ear to ear, which is not something that happens often. I thought it was a super cute read.


Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli is one I read last year and loved. It's such a fun story about a unique girl who changes the lives of an entire town. Definitely worth a smile or two.


Wonder by R.J. Palacio is not an entirely happy story but in the end, I couldn't help but feel so happy that Auggie was accepted for who he is and made good friends.


Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen is a cute story about a young girl named Juli who is quite enamored with the boy across the street, Bryce, who isn't crazy about Juli until he really gets to know her. It's sort of a love/hate budding romance story with a happy ending.


And that's about it for specific books. 😅

There are books that make me smile when I see them on my shelves. These are usually ones with lovely covers, or from my favorite authors, or perhaps were a gift from someone special.

Sometimes I'm happy to revisit old favorites, even if the content matter doesn't always make me smile.

It also makes me smile to read children's classics to my kiddo or my favorite childhood books.


What about you? What books make you smile?



Follow

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, for me almost any book I read and loved makes me smile. A new book will make me smile too. There are so few books that probably didn't make me smile, but I can't even remember those!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Books in general always make me smile! :D

      Delete
  2. Simon is one of my absolute favorites and I’ve re-read and re0listened to it many, many times. Such a feel-good story and I just adore all the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the Simon book but I watched the movie and thought it was adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree: Stargirl, Wonder, and Flipped are great stories! Here's my TTT list this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flipped sounds nice and I just love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simon Vs the Homosapiens agenda was so so good! I even liked the adaptation. What did you think of the adaptation? Just followed your blog - seems like we have similar taste in books!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete