Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Books Goals

It's easy to give into the urge to create a New Year's resolution list this time of year. 2013 is gone and I'm ready to go into 2014 with at least a good to-read list. (To be honest, I love making lists for everything so there is no shortage of things to do at any given time.)

BOOK GOALS
(Yes, this is exciting!)
- Read at least 100 books FAIL
-Read More Classics Mostly a FAIL
-Read more children's stories CHECK
-ABC Book/Author Challenge Mostly a FAIL
-Read all Roald Dahl that I own Read 4/5
-Finish 'A Storm of Swords' CHECK
-Read 5 E-books (opt) CHECK
-Read 5 Banned Books CHECK
OR/ALSO
-Read 5 books on 1000 Books list FAIL
-Read more of my own books CHECK
-Re-read at least one book CHECK
 I also have a photography goal to take a photo of a book a day. I own plenty so why not? I might just only post those on my tumblr but we will see how it goes or if I even remember to do it! I will take a photo of whatever book I am reading and on in between days, I will take photos of good books I own, favorite books, and other recommendations or books in my to-read list. It will be it's own little project. FAIL
TO-READ LIST
(Top of the Pile List)

* = (need to read so I can watch the movie/tv show)

UPDATE
Books I've read will be crossed out!

Cloud Atlas*
The Casual Vacancy
The Cuckoo's Calling
Throne of Glass
Matilda
Gone Girl*
Legend of Sleepy Hollow
Phantom of the Opera
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Bluest Eye
Beloved
Witches of East End*
The White Queen*
The Maze Runner*
I Capture the Castle
Flowers for Algernon
Amsterdam
The Alchemist
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Paper Towns
1984
A Tree Grew in Brooklyn
Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin#2)
A Christmas Carol (read in December)
Survivor / Chuck Palahniuk
Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell
Girl, Interrupted
Chocolat
The Stranger by Albert Camus

Need to read and review soon:
Fall of Sky City by S.M. Blooding (and sequel ebook)
The Exceptionals by Erin Cashman
The Obsidian Blade by Pete Hautman
I wish:
North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
(I can't find this book anywhere)
Waiting on:
Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's #2) by Ransom Riggs
Untitled (Falling Kingdoms #3) by Morgan Rhodes


--------

Happy New Year!
What bookish goals do you have for this new year?
I've been MIA around these parts for a while so I don't know if there are any cool challenges or read-a-thons coming up yet so feel free to let me know of any or leave recommendations for the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment