Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #19


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want To Live In

AND/OR 

Top Ten Characters I'd NEVER Want To Trade Places With

Warning!!!! Contains spoilers!
If you haven't read the book, you should probably skip to the next one! It's really hard to explain why I wouldn't want to be in a book or a character in a book without giving away a few key points in the story. Apologies if I ruin or spoil anything for anyone!

1. The Hunger Games
I really wouldn't want to live in one of those horrible dystopian government controlled worlds like Panem.

2. Heaven by V.C. Andrews
I read this series 15 years ago but most of it is still pretty fresh in my mind. Heaven grew up extremely poor without a mother, her father sold her to an evil woman and she is seperated from her siblings, there's rape and a ton of other horrible things that happen.

3. The four children from Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews
I read this series after Heaven but it was still a long time ago. Most of you might be more familiar with this one since it has a movie and was recently re-adapted into a Lifetime movie (?) which I haven't seen yet. Those poor children are (sort of) locked in an attic and fed arsenic for years until the youngest boy dies and the oldest two siblings finally decide to escape. 

3. Pi Patel from Life of Pi
I wouldn't want to lose my entire family and then be stranded on a small boat with a tiger. That would NOT be cool.

4. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

I wouldn't want to be any character in this story. Kathy was selfish and horrible, Heathcliff was mistreated and abandoned, Hairton was neglected and hated, and Katherine was taken hostage and forced to marry her dying cousin. 

5. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
Forget the zombie outbreak. This book is long after zombies have destroyed most of the world. Those left alive are stuck in little fenced in communities in the middle of nowhere with extremely religious leaders. I'd want to run away into the zombie infested world, too.

6. The Road by Cormac McCarthy

It seems like everyone is preparing for the end of the world or zombie apocalypse, but when it comes down to it, there won't be any food, fresh water, or fresh air. Being in that world would not be my cup of tea. 

1 comment:

  1. Good list, I agree that the world of The Hunger Games is not one I'd like to be a part of.

    ReplyDelete