Friday, January 3, 2020

2020 New Releases Reading Challenge


The 2020 New Release Challenge is hosted by Linda & Brandee @ Unconventional Bookworms and you can check out their SIGN UP PAGE to learn more about this challenge!

This will be my first year participating in the New Release Challenge but I'm looking forward to it!

I read around 25 new releases in 2019 (not including picture books or children's nonfiction) and would like to focus on reading that many or more in 2020.
In 2018 I read more backlist books from my shelves but 2019 ended up being mostly new releases borrowed from my library with a few arcs thrown in. I much preferred the shiny new books that everyone was talking about. I also loved being able to vote on books I'd actually read and loved in the Goodreads Choice Awards!  Of course, I'll probably still try to read my backlist titles but those shiny new stories are often hard to resist!
The Rules:

  • Books have to be released and reviewed in 2020.
  • Other challenges can be used as well, if you are participating in the Netgalley/Edelweiss challenge or in the COYER challenge, books can count towards more than one challenge, as long as the ones you use for the 2020 New Release Reading Challenge qualify to the other rules. 
  • The minimum length for a book to qualify is 100 pages, it can be in any format though, physical, ebook, ARC, or audiobook. 
  • The New Release Challenge is open from January 1st through December 31st, 2020, and sign-ups are open until September 1, 2020. 
  • You don't have to be a blogger to participate, you can link to your review on Goodreads or Booklikes instead! 
  • If you want to spread the love, please use #2020NewReleaseChallenge on Twitter. 



The Reading Levels:
1. 1-30 books per year - New Release Newbie

2. 31-60 books per year - New Release Pro
3. 61-100 books per year - New Release Veteran
4. 101-200 books per year - New Release Enthusiast
5. 201+ books per year - New Release Obsessed


I'm aiming for the New Release Newbie but perhaps I can do better than that with a little focus so my ultimate goal is New Release Pro!  


Here are a few of the new releases I am most excited for:
(covers link to Goodreads)

    


  

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment