Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday #12 - One for Sorrow by Mary Downing Hahn


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Tressa @ Wishful Endings and spotlights the books we are excited about and have yet to read. This meme is based on Waiting on Wednesday which is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine.

I can't wait for...
One for Sorrow by Mary Downing Hahn


Expected Publication: July 18, 2017
by Clarion Books 
Goodreads

Synopsis: 
Against the ominous backdrop of the influenza epidemic of 1918, Annie, a new girl at school, is claimed as a best friend by Elsie, a classmate who is a tattletale, a liar, and a thief. Soon Annie makes other friends and finds herself joining them in teasing and tormenting Elsie. Elsie dies from influenza, but then she returns to reclaim Annie's friendship and punish all the girls who bullied her. Young readers who revel in the spooky stories will relish this chilling tale of a girl haunted by a vengeful ghost. 

Why I Can't Wait To Read This:
I've been reading Mary Downing Hahn's ghost stories since elementary school. They've been some of my favorite children's books and ones I keep collecting for my shelves so of course I would love this one as well. I also love historical fiction. 

9 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! That's a new to me one! I read a few of this author's books some years back and remembering liking them! Will be keeping an eye on this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit obsessed with her ghost stories as a kid! I'd love to see how her writing may have changed over time. :)

      Delete
  2. This looks and sounds so creepy. Can't wait. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good ghost story!! I might have to pick this one during the fall, sounds amazing! Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of this author but it sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her books are always award winners for the upper elementary students in my state. I've read a few and they are really good. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my Wednesday post earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! The cover looks awesome and creepy! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't read this author before, but it sounds really good. The combination of the historical and the ghost story are interesting. Hope you love it! Adding it to my ever-growing TBR list. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, this is pretty creepy! But I do love ghost stories myself, so I am interested in reading it. Thanks for the heads up!! Hope we both enjoy it!

    Thanks as well for commenting on my CWW post!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete