Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year from Lazy Day Literature!!! (+2018 TBR)


Hello lovelies!

I feel like I've been gone forever!
I have plenty of excuses why and I'd love to regale you with the adventures we've had since Hurricane Irma, but that wouldn't leave much time for books. 


The end of 2017 was a jumble of reading slumps, trying to stay off the internet, and non-stop 'mom-ing' for me. I wanted a stress free holiday so I gave myself more time for other things and it was nice. I hate that I've been away so long and I feel super guilty for it but I'm hoping I can fit in a few reviews and other posts from time to time even though I'm wayyyy behind. 

My goals for this year are simple. 

Be more present in my home life.
Read more books with my daughter.
Play and explore more.


As much as I love curling up with a book, I also love adventures. I hope I can find a healthy balance between them this year. 

My reading goals are also pretty simple. 
I'm not setting big goals like I usually do. I don't want to focus on a number in 2018. I'm not following any popular challenges. I just want to read and enjoy reading. 

did put together a list of 100 books I would like to read this year, including books I've purchased recently, books I still need to review, and books coming out soon that I would like to read (and my library already has them on pre-order so I know that I can read them in the future.) 
I'm not limiting myself to this list or hoping that I can read 100 books. I just wanted to make a list. Haha.


Click here to see my 2018 TBR List on ListChallenges
and let me know how many you've already read or are also planning on reading this year! 


Anywho, I've decided that Paulo Coelho's 'The Alchemist' will be my first read of the year because it's a book I've put off for way too long.

 What book are you starting the year out with? 

No comments:

Post a Comment