Sunday, July 19, 2020

The Sunday Post - 2020 Week 29 - Tired


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
and is a chance to share news, both new and old!


Hey there, bloggers!
Here's my week at a glance!



Currently Reading:


Recently Finished:
Recent Reviews:


Yoga Animals by Paige Towler (from NatGeo)
The Tiger Like Me by Kelsey Lee (from Goodreads)
The Secret Life of Trees by Moira Butterfield (from Netgalley)
Bathing in the Forest by Nivola Uya
The Falcon's Feather by Trudi Trueit (from NatGeo)


Off the Blog:

I'm getting this up a bit late today. Oops. I think I'm low on spoons right now. I've been posting reviews here almost daily and it's starting to get harder to keep up with everything else going on right now. I've been super focused on finding a simple curriculum that fits our needs and easing my kiddo into our home education program. We're also staying hyper-vigilant about the virus again because we live with an essential worker.

On that note, as a Floridian, I find it kind of impossible to ignore virus news right now. We surpassed 15,000 new cases in one day last week. Walt Disney World opened. CEOs of retailer stores all over the country, but especially right here in Florida, are begging for masks to be mandated because of the high number of employees being affected in every store and are taking a harder stance on mask-wearing. And they're pretty set on opening schools.

As for happier things, I got a good amount of reading done this week and also started a new creative writing project that I've had great progress with. It's a bit of a thriller, which is not my usual genre but I've had a bit of inspiration with my current reads, I suppose.

My garden is chugging along, though it's too hot to get outside unless it is really early or we're taking a dip in the pool, but we still have plenty of peppers going, and the sweet potatoes and pumpkin are surviving. I think I also have a gourd! I haven't bothered otherwise and am waiting for August to start my Fall seedlings.

Happy reading and have a safe week!

Follow

3 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how difficult it is having a child in K-12. My daughter is doing college online and won't even consider a hybrid class this fall. We talked last night about how she knows I would have kept her home and safe if this had happened when she was little. I'm enjoying this crazy year home with her. I'm also enjoying our garden. We have lots of tomatoes which love the heat and sun, plus herbs. The green beans are still in process.

    I've already got seeds for fall plantings of lettuce and spinach and I want to get broccoli plants also. And I've planted some perennials.

    Have a lovely week. Stay safe and be kind.

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting some reading and writing done. That’s more than I did last week :). Stay safe. I hope you have a good week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were supposed to go to WDW end of September but it’s been cancelled - at the moment we can’t fly from the UK to the states anyway. We love Florida, this would have been our ninth time, I hope things start to recover soon.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete