Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Sunday Post #10


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things you received, share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead, and more.

I had a pretty good week. Nothing out of the norm. I worked in the garden and saw the first Zebra Longwing butterfly of the season. My milkweed is in full bloom and patiently awaiting some Monarchs. I also Konmari'd the heck out of my dvd collection and moved all my books in the living room into my back room office so the one year old would stop destroying them. It is so upsetting to have your books eaten or the covers ripped off! 
I participated in the 24 hour readathon and finished 2 books but was unable to participate in the challenges due to lack of camera/phone at the time. 

This Past Week On The Blog
Coming Soon
Book Review: Heir of Fire
Cover Characteristics - Doorknobs
& more

Books I Finished This Week



It's been a pretty good week even though I didn't get to read Thursday or Friday!

New Children's Books We Read This Week



Little Miss Lovebug is currently in a phase where she doesn't let me read her a whole book! She wants to hold the book herself and turn the pages really fast so we didn't get many picture books read all the way through. Instead, I read The Trumpet of the Swan aloud to her all week.

What I'm Currently Reading


(ebook)
Shadow Magic by Joshua Chan
An ARC I have to get to before the month is over and not part of the Take Control of Your TBR Pile challenge. I'm excited to read this though!


(Physical book)
UNDECIDED
Since I won't even start a new book until later today, I haven't chosen yet and as I'm typing this, I'm trying to choose between these 3. I really want to read 'Uprooted' but I'm in the middle of the 'Throne of Glass' series and reading 'Shadow Magic' so maybe that's a little too much fantasy at one time. 
Opinions? Which should I read?

10 comments:

  1. How did you like Room? I've never read it but I saw the movie and, oh god, I could not stop crying!

    Here is my Sunday Post
    Molly @ Molly's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good! I loved the pov and had a hard time putting it down. My hubby thankfully gave me an hour of uninterrupted reading time to get through the most nerve-wracking parts. I really want to watch the movie now!

      Delete
  2. I read The Girl on the Train, and both Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight. I also enjoyed Maas' Court of Thorns and Roses. I have Room on my kindle to read. I know most of the plot but I still want to read it and perhaps see the movie.
    Have a good, and relaxing, week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Room is definitely worth reading even if you already know most of what happens. I'm probably going to have TOG withdrawals after Queen of Shadows so I might just read A Court of Thorns and Roses if I can get a copy soon. :)

      Delete
  3. That's amazing you read 2 books during the read-a-thon! I wish I had the time to participate in those! Have a great week and happy reading!

    Laura @ http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-lives.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically I read the last 30% of one and then read a 217 page book so not too big of a feat. I love participating in read-a-thon's even if I can't put a lot of time into them. They are great motivation! :)

      Delete
  4. Good job on the readathon! I want to read the Maas books at some point I think Heir of Fire might be my favorite of those covers- it always stands out to me. How did you like Girl on the Train? I read that one last year and liked it but didn't love it- but I was curious to see who did it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly didn't really like 'The Girl on the Train'. It wasn't bad but I didn't really enjoy it. I thought it would have been better considering how many people were raving about it.

      Delete
  5. Oh I love The Westing Game! My high school students and I were just talking about it the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shadow Magic looks really good! Me Before You and the Light Between the Oceans are both on my TBR so I'd be interested to see what you think of either of those. On the other hand, I just finished Uprooted and really enjoyed it! But maybe that is a bit too much fantasy? Book decisions are so hard to make!

    ReplyDelete