Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August 2016 Wrap Up


I was all geared up for this to be an amazing reading month but I had a small reading slump after reading Harry Potter and the the Cursed Child and a really big slump that lasted almost 2 weeks after reading A Darker Shade of Magic (that was more due to life situations). I had planned on participating in the Bout of Books readathon but that 2nd slump kind of messed that up. Now I'm way behind on my reading goals and will need to catch up in September but it will be my birthday month and I'm sure I will be busy for a few days in there somewhere so we shall see how I do! I still read 2 books more than I did in July so it wasn't a total fail month at least.

Books I Read
1. Wednesdays in the Tower by Jessica Day George

2. Sunborn Rising: Beneath the Fall by Aaron Safronoff (review)
3. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, & Jack Thorne (review)

4. The Evil Wizard Smallbone by Delia Sherman
5. The Scourge by Jennifer A. Nielsen
6. The Peculiar Night of the Blue Heart by Lauren DeStefano
7. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
8. Fear the Drowning Deep by Sarah Glenn Marsh 

Pages Read
2648

Started But Didn't Finish

Challenge Progress


New Places Visited

Isle of Man, United Kingdom (Fear the Drowning Deep)
Maine (The Evil Wizard Smallbone)
--------
Wednesdays in the Tower
Sunborn Rising: Beneath the Fall
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

The Evil Wizard Smallbone
A Darker Shade of Magic
--------
The Evil Wizard Smallbone
The Peculiar Night of the Blue Heart

--------
A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic series)
Sunborn Rising: Beneath the Fall (Sunborn Rising series)

--------
How did you guys do on your goals this month? What was your favorite book? 

1 comment:

  1. Reading two more than last month should count as a win! Sorry you had a bit of a reading slump though. I hope September is fantastic. I feel like September might be a bit slow for me with vacation and then starting a new job. I need to find different times to get reading in! However, I did get a lot of September ARCS read and reviewed in August so that's helpful.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete