Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #30


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


Top Ten Books I Really Want to Read But Don't Own Yet

1. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
I've been trying to get my hands on a physical copy of this classic for years but without having any bookstores anywhere near me or the $ to order it online has made it the one book that has eluded me the longest. 

2. The Neverending Story by Michael Ende
This is one of those books that I didn't know was an actual book until years after seeing the movie adaptation and I would love to have it in my collection to read to my daughter before letting her watch the film. 
 
3. What Dreams May Come by Richard Matheson
I thought the movie was rather beautiful and if this book is anything like the movie (or way better as most books are) than I really want to read this. 

4. The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury
This is another one of those books that has eluded me no matter how much I look for it. I suppose it's just not one of his better known stories but I loved his 'From the Dust Returned' so I have a feeling that I'd love this one, too. 

5. House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
I started this behemoth of a book once a few years ago but had to return it to the library and now they no longer own it! I didn't get very far (just to the beginnings of them exploring the 'never ending staircase') but I've seen so many people call this book super creepy and that just makes me want it so bad!

6. Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman
I adored the movie adaptation and would just really love to read the book. 

7. A Dance With Dragons by George R.R. Martin
I haven't quite finished 'A Feast for Crows' but I've really been putting it off and reading other things just because I don't own the 5th book yet. 

8. Roald Dahl's Book of Ghost Stories
I never had the chance to read any Roald Dahl stories as a kid but as an adult I love them and find them to be extremely interesting. I'm also a big lover of ghost stories so I'd love to see Dahl's imagination on a creepier level than his more well known works. 

9. Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
It's been a couple of years since I read 'The Shining' but it was one of those books that has stuck with me and after finding out he recently wrote a sequel, I HAVE to read it! 

10. We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
'Castle' is one of those key words that I just can't pass up but I also love creepy books and this one just has a cover that sort of calls to me. Plus, Shirley Jackson. 

---------

Have you read any of these books?
What books can you not wait to get your hands on to read? 

No comments:

Post a Comment