Monday, October 6, 2014

31 Days of Spooky Books: Day 6

Day 6



The Graveyard Book
by
Neil Gaiman

I will always recommend Neil Gaiman to anyone looking for something to read. His books are so fresh and 'out there' and overall, fascinating. The Graveyard Book obviously drew me in with my love of the spooky and macabre. It's about a boy whose parents are murdered and he ends up in a cemetery where he is raised from a baby by ghosts, ghouls, and other cemetery dwellers.  I actually thought this book was very similar to Ray Bradbury's 'From the Dust Returned' which was also about a boy raised by spooky creatures. 

1 comment:

  1. I've wanted to read this one for ages, had a vintage copy of From Dust Returned w/the cover art by Charles Addams .... wish I still had it lol :)

    ReplyDelete