Monday, December 31, 2018

2018 'My Year In Books' Reading Wrap Up

Hello readers! 

2018 has not been my best year. I hardly blogged or reviewed and I certainly didn't read many new releases or arcs but I did read. I needed to take a step back from everything and focus on my home life and that is exactly what I did. I focused on my family, my health, and making life adventurous.

I still read a lot and knocked over 40 books off of my own shelves in 2018 (and read 72 in all), mostly thanks to joining in on a monthly reading challenge called BookBattle (on Facebook) which gave me a wide variety of criteria to choose from each month.

While I loved the freedom of reading out of my comfort zones / typical genres, I really missed the blogosphere. I must say that it is quite difficult to keep up with the new releases and bookish news without reading blogs daily. I really miss sharing and interacting with this laid-back community so I'm hoping to get back into it in 2019!

My Year in Books!

I'm linking this up to BiteIntoBook's 'My Year In Books' Meme post!


 I love the Goodreads Challenge but since I do add picture books from time to time, I don't consider it my final book count. My personal reading count for the year is 72 books read. 


Books I Started But Didn't Finish
(I'm not a big DNF-er so usually I intend to come back to the books at a later time when I'm in the right mood for it. That being said, there is a chance that I may never pick the book back up again.
2018 was all over the place for me and I both stuck to challenges and mood read and somehow ended up with a stack of books I didn't get around to finishing before the end of the month when I'd start anew with another monthly challenge. So my list is bigger than usual. 

 


Would you like to see all the books I read this year?
Want to compare or see how many you've read?
Check out my ListChallenge list of books I read in 2018!


4 comments:

  1. 82 books, nice one! I also DNF-ed Spinning Silver, but more because I couldn't concentrate, I plan to pick it up again this year :)

    This looks exactly like a post for the meme I started last year! If you like, you can link up in the post below, so others can find your post :)

    http://www.biteintobooks.com/2018/12/goodreads-your-year-in-books-meme-2018.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started Spinning Silver at the beginning of December and was enjoying it but ended up being so busy I haven't picked it back up yet but I will, and soon!

      I'll definitely go check that out! Thanks so much for sharing!
      Happy New Year! :D

      Delete
  2. Great wrap up!! Happy reading in 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on reading 84 books! I need to focus on my personal life this year. It’s either really boring or so hectic that I can’t keep up. I need to have some fun adventures.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete