Sunday, August 2, 2020

The Sunday Post - 2020 Week 31 - Hello August


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
and is a chance to share news, both new and old!


Hey there, bloggers!
It's been a couple of weeks since I last posted so here's an extended look at what I've read and reviewed since then!


Currently Reading:



Recently Finished:



Recent Reviews:

We had a 'Water Week' recently and read these picture books. Water Can Be... by Laura Purdie Salas is a beautiful look at water in all its forms. River by Elisha Cooper is a fantastic illustrated account of a woman who canoes down the River Hudson to NYC Harbor. The Blue Giant by Katie Cottle is an eco-tale about the ocean asking for help with pollution. 



The Mulberry Tree by Allison Rushby is a middle-grade horror-mystery that is a great not-too-spooky read for the upcoming autumn season!


Off the Blog:

I'm hoping to continue my self-appointed 30 minutes a day or more of reading time this month and knock out some arcs for #ARCAugust while I'm at it. I haven't had the best reading streak this year so I definitely have a stack of books to catch up on!

We are starting our 'first day of homeschool' tomorrow so we can dig into the curriculum I purchased and find our new groove. I'm hoping we can keep it laid back and low-stress and I'm excited to have an outdoor classroom to get us out of the house when the weather is tolerable. It's still in the works but will be a nice little hangout space. 

It's been raining nearly every day so my garden looks great, but maybe a little too overgrown. The crepe myrtles are in full bloom and I discovered a mature and flowering one hiding under the wisteria so now I'm up to 6 in all! We're getting ready for the Fall/Winter vegetable season now as well so be prepared for more garden talk in the future! 

As for blogging, I'm still working on reviews and other media as well but Blogger updated their site and it's as slow as a snail for me now unless it's the wee morning hours when I should be asleep. I'll be making the rounds today though! 

Also, I finally started a proper Pinterest for LazyDayLit and would love and appreciate a follow! 

Have a great week, readers!
Stay safe!


Follow

11 comments:

  1. Love the look of the Mulberry Tree! I hope you enjoy all your new reads.
    My kids start in the beginning of September but they are doing remote learning for now. I know they miss their friends but I just don't feel safe sending them back yet.

    I hope you have a great week, Stay Safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope homeschooling will work out for you! Schools opened back op for 50% in May an for 100% in June over here.

    I'm starting the new school year mid August, but I'm still a bit hesitant, numbers over here are good. I'm just hoping schools don't have to close AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Followed on Pinterest, I’m addicted to it at the moment!

    Good luck with homeschooling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the ARCs and the homeschooling. I'll look forward to the gardening posts. I'll plant the fall garden early next month.

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of The Mulberry Tree. I wish you the best with schooling and hope the first day goes well. My daughter is doing virtual (teacher-led) this coming school year, and I'm a bit nervous about it, but we'll make the best of it. I hope you have a great week. Stay safe and well! Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with homeschooling and hope it goes well! The outdoor learning component sounds like an awesome addition. I love the look of your books. Water Can Be looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with homeschooling. An outdoor classroom sounds wonderful. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with homeschooling! I followed you on Pinterest because I’m obsessed with that site. I want to follow all the book bloggers. Happy August!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shadows looks intriguing! I love the covers of Campfire and Heartwood Hotel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. An outdoor classroom sounds wonderful! Good luck with the homeschooling

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate the new blogger update so I went back to the old. I hope they don't make us go to the new one anytime soon.

    Good luck with homeschool. I know it can be tough on parents! Love the cover of The Mulberry tree. Hope you enjoy it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete