Sunday, February 28, 2021

February 2021 Reading WrapUp

 Goodbye February! 

February went by rather quickly and I wasn't able to fit in as many hikes as I would have liked so I actually had extra time to read. Woot! Most of my reads were on the shorter side this month but I was much more motivated than I was in January and really worked on getting through some of my challenge reads. 

I've also been a little extra motivated to actually keep track this year (I kind of fell off in 2020 thanks to covid) and started a customizable dot-grid reading journal, basically to record and track everything I used to record and track here when I had more time to write/blog. I really like having a hands-on, portable, and off-line option these days though so I might share soon.

Last year I made a goal to read at least one graphic novel a month and really enjoyed it. This year I decided to continue that goal but so far I've read two graphic novels a month and I might try to make that a new goal but it may depend on what I can get my hands on. I feel like there aren't enough graphic novels in the world yet. 

Garden update:
I haven't shared my gardening update in forever! 
The early freezes took out my peppers this year but we had a successful bunch of cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, turnips, and beets throughout winter. I still need to replace my peppers but I have tons of new seedlings outgrowing their starter pots and we had our first dandelion of the season pop up today! 

Back to the books!
Here's what I read in February!

Books I Finished in February


Class Act (New Kid #2) by Jerry Craft
Across the Green Grass Fields (Wayward Children #6) by Seanan McGuire
The Deep by Rivers Solomon



I Was Their American Dream by Malaka Gharib
The Girl With the Louding Voice by Abi Dare
Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates



Started But Haven't Finished



Lore by Alexandra Bracken

Chapter books I read aloud to my daughter





Challenge Progress


ABC Challenge

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

The 52 Book Club Challenge

4 / 52

New to Me Authors
Rivers Solomon
Abi Dare
Ta-Nehisi Coates

Want to keep up with what I'm reading or what my daughter and I are reading together?
Make sure to follow us on Bookstagram at 
@LazyDayLit  &  @LazyDayKidLit


Happy reading!!

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to see a picture of your garden some time! I live in an old Dutch street which is just bricks, bricks, bricks. Can't wait to somewhere in the future move East with my boyfriend and find a house with a lovely garden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I container-gardened a lot while renting but it's lovely to have a bit of earth to grow in! I will definitely try to share my garden in my next update here but I do share a bit in my stories on bookstagram!

      Thank you for stopping by! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  2. I love graphic novels and need to read more of them. I have a few sitting on my TBR shelf right now. Good luck with the garden. Have a great March!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, AJ! Graphic novels are really helping me through my rough days!
      I hope you have a great March as well! Happy reading!

      Delete