Sunday, October 2, 2016

The Sunday Post #39 - Hello October!


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things you received, share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead, and more.

Well, hello October! I've been impatiently waiting for you! Now I'll just have to wait a bit longer for some cooler weather.
Anyone else overly exited about Halloween this year? I'll be showing the majority of my excitement on my bookstagram. I always enjoy making new spooky decorations to add to my shelves every year and this year I'm very behind but have a few new ideas and hope to find the time.
Oh, and there's a library book sale coming up and I never miss them so look forward to a big secondhand haul soon! 


This Past Week On The Blog
Book Blast & Giveaway: Pickled Pumpkin by Deb Troehler
TTT - Books On My Fall TBR
Tackle Your TBR Read-a-thon Wrap Up
Picture Book Review: Finding Wild by Megan W. Lloyd
Book Review: The Voyage to Magical North by Claire Fayers
September Wrap Up
My Spooky October TBR

Coming Soon
TTT - Favorite Villains
Book Review: Shadows of the Dark Crystal by J.M. Lee
Book Review: A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab

Books I Finished This Week

What I'm Currently Reading
    

Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi - This is such a strange story. It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. The MC is named Alice so maybe it's a loose retelling? 

The Cartographer's Daughter by Kiran Millwood Hargrave - Another middle grade adventure. I'm attempting to get my non-spooky review books out of the way early on so I can focus on some horror books closer to Halloween. 

What I'm Watching
Besides Hotel Transylvania and Zootopia on repeat, I just started Downton Abbey for the first time. I've always enjoyed historical fiction so I am enjoying it but no one else in this house is in the least bit interested so it's difficult to find the time when I can watch it alone! 

I hope you all have a lovely week! 

10 comments:

  1. haha We've been watching Hotel Transylvania nonstop here too, but the other one our little one is stuck on are the Tinkerbell movies. We haven't seen Zootopia yet but I hear it's on Netflix so I'll have to check it out. I have never seen Downton Abbey but everyone has been telling me to give it a try. Maybe when I finish my latest series I will start that next. lol Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not entirely sure if Downton Abbey is on Netflix anymore. I picked it up at the library. Today the movie obsession is Home! I suppose I'm just going to have to get used to watching these movies on repeat! :D

      Delete
  2. I still have to watch the final season of Downton Abbey. I need to read Furthermore! I will be looking out for your review of A Darker Shade Of Magic. I loved that book. Have a fabulous week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved A Darker Shade of Magic! I can't wait to read the next book! Just have to get my hands on it first! :D

      Delete
  3. I hope you love all of your new books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love October and am definitely looking forward to Halloween! Bring on the scary books lol. Curious to see what you think of Timekeeper and Illuminae. I'm trying to do some scary readathons or tags or whatever I can this month...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't found any readathons yet this month but then again, I'm not exactly looking hard. Just hoping to come across one. It would probably help me get through all the books I want to read this month! I'm so ready for some good horror novels! :D
      Illuminae was pretty good but I was honestly a little bored with Timekeeper. I ended up skipping huge parts of it.

      Delete
  5. It'll be Christmas before we know it. Scary.

    I only watched the first season of Downton Abbey. I know others loved it but I wasn't a huge fan - but hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, don't remind me! I have way too much to do before Christmas and I'm procrastinating big time!
      So far Downton Abbey is not my usual type of tv show. Not much going on but it makes for good late night background noise while I type up reviews. :)

      Delete