Sunday, October 16, 2016

The Sunday Post #40 - Oops! Missed A Week!


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things you received, share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead, and more.

I somehow lost track of time last week and didn't get a Sunday post up so this may be a little bit longer than usual. 
We survived Hurricane Matthew with just a bit of rain and heavy winds but the east coast took a beating. 
We finally got some cooler weather! Woo hoo! I had been waiting all summer for this! *dances around room* It's still in the 80's during the day but it's been windy so it's just lovely and we've been airing out the house. Unfortunately, it won't last. It's already starting to warm up again. :(
My local mega book sale was this week! I went the last two days and got a ton of books even though I really tried to rein myself in this time since I have no room on my shelves. I still ended up with a rediculous amount of books. I posted a picture in my Stacking the Shelves if you are interested. 

What You May Have Missed
Book Review: Shadows of the Dark Crystal by J.M. Lee
Book Review: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
Picture Book Review: The Spider and the Fly by Tony DiTerlizzi
Book Review: The Dream by R.K. McLay
Book Review: Fear the Drowning Deep by Sarah Glenn Marsh
Stacking the Shelves - Book Sale Haul

Coming Soon
Book Review: The Absolutely True Diary of A Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
Book Review: Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
Book Review: My Haunted House by Angie Sage
Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon

Books I Finished in the Past 2 Weeks

What I'm Currently Reading

(ebook)
The Cartographer's Daughter by Kiran Millwood Hargrave - Veering from my spooky TBR, this book's publishing date snuck up on me so I need to finish it asap! 

(physical book)
Henry Hunter and the Beast of Snagov by John Matthews - Another review book but this one was sent to me last minute so I'm hoping to breeze through it. At least it's a little 'spooky'. 

What I'm Watching

I'm not really sure how to feel about this season. I like gorey horror stuff but there are things I really don't like about this one. Hubby is already over it so we just started re-watching Supernatural. 

I hope you all have an awesome week! 

8 comments:

  1. Yay for cooler weather, and glad the hurricane missed you guys. Your reads all look good for October. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's supposed to get down into the 70's by the end of the week and I'm really looking forward to that! :)

      Delete
  2. Glad you are all fine after Matthew, I thought maybe you lost power. I am loving watch Supernatural on our big screen..Have a wonderful week Stacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! We were lucky enough not to lose power this time but did go without for about 6 hours when Hermine hit last month.

      Delete
  3. I note a few people commenting on the weather getting cooler. Here in Australia it's Spring and it's starting to get warmer but thankfully we've had some cooler mornings, which have been good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes forget that it's the complete opposite season in Australia but thankfully the internet reminds me. Spring is my favorite season. It's always so bright and beautiful! :D

      Delete
  4. I was really iffy about AHS Hotel too; I ended up not finishing the season because I had no idea what the story was! This season, My Roanoke Nightmare, is really good but also really different! Happy reading and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do seem to be getting wackier and wackier but I still enjoy them. I can't wait to start Roanoke, if only to see what crazy stuff they came up with for it!

      Delete