Sunday, October 30, 2016

The Sunday Post #43 - Happy Halloween!


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things you received, share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead, and more.

Once again, I have missed a week. Somehow, it literally feels like I'm missing a week of my life when I don't post on Sundays. Where did that time go? Everything seems muddled now.
Anyway, my husband took a few days off this past week so we took our toddler back to the zoo (now every time we leave that is where she thinks we are going!) We picked our pumpkins at a local pumpkin patch, we carved said pumpkins, visited family, and more. I love busy weeks like that but at the same time, I end up severely slacking on my blogging duties. I've had reviews galore scheduled but basically nothing else. And now I'm very behind on reviews again so look forward to a few spooky Halloweenish book reviews in November (Sorry!) 
I have been posting pretty regularly on my bookstagram but even that has taken a hit this week.

Happy Halloween to those that celebrate it! I'll be re-watching Hocus Pocus (and probably Hotel Transylvania with the toddler for the 500th time) and munching on candy because we never get any trick-or-treaters. I hope you all have a fun and safe weekend!
A photo posted by Stacy Renee (@stacyrenee09) on

What You May Have Missed
Book Reviews:
My Haunted House by Angie Sage
It's Raining Bats & Frogs by Rebecca Colby (picture book)
The Absolutely True Diary of A Part-time Indian by Sherman Alexie
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
The Ghost of Crutchfield Hall by Mary Downing Hahn
Henry Hunter and the Beast of Snagov by John Matthews

Other Posts:
Book Blast & Giveaway: The Art of Blissful Parenting by Sharon Ballantine
Top Ten Tuesday - Spooky Books I Want to Read

Coming Soon
October 2016 Wrap Up
November 2016 TBR

Book Reviews: 
The Cartographer's Daughter by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
The Pumpkin House by Chad P. Brown
Serafina and the Twisted Staff by Robert Beatty

Books I Finished In The Past Two Weeks

What I'm Currently Reading

(physical book)
The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury
I just started this but I'm pretty sure I can read it within a day. I've actually been waiting a long time to read this book. I waited for years to come across it in a thrift store or book sale but never did so I finally bought it. 

(ebook)
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
I kind of wish I had re-read Six of Crows before starting this since it has been an entire year but it was a pretty memorable book and I haven't had any issues yet but I'm not very far into it. 

I hope you all have a lovely week! 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like busy times, but good times! And wow! Those pumpkins are awesome!! We've skipped pumpkins this year. My sis and her daughter moved out and my mom and I weren't really feeling the need to carve. Plus we're not exactly artistically talented! LOL!

    And again, I implore you to check your email! I replied to you earlier in the week with good news! So check it! ;)

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween! Looking forward to your reviews in Nov- any time is a good time for scary reads lol. Hope you guys have a great weekend.

    Love the pumpkin pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read Six of Crows. Haha...we're not there yet, but I imagine by this time next year my toddler will be wanting to watch stuff a million times. Have a great week!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to listen to Leigh Bardugo first book. I hope you get caught up on your reviews. I worked today to get caught up, especially since I don't know when my daughter will call. Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bizarrely I find the Sunday Posts quick to write - I just do a brain dump - but a while to add links from other posts etc... Ad yes, I feel as if I've missed something if I skip them.

    ReplyDelete